F-Secure Internet Security 2012 1 Year 3 PC (PC)
|Price:||£45.00 FREE UK delivery.|
- Complete protection against viruses and spyware
- A firewall to prevent hacker attacks
- Blocking spam and phishing e-mails
- Protection against identity theft
- Protection against surprising mobile broadband bills
- Browsing protection that identifies unsafe websites
- Parental control that protects your children online
- Personalized settings for each user
Customers also shopped for
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Our software keeps viruses, worms, spyware, and harmful Internet sites away from your computer efficiently and intuitively. You can explore the wonders of the web without a worry. Keep viruses, identity thieves and hackers away and enjoy the surf.
F-Secure Internet Security 2012
Say yes to being safe online
The award winning complete protection for your computer and online life.
Viruses, worms, spyware, and harmful Internet sites are not just an annoyance. They can be designed to hurt you. They can steal your bank details, destroy your important files, and invade your online privacy. Once on your computer, there is no way of knowing exactly how much damage they will cause. With F-Secure Internet Security 2012, you can put a stop to this before it happens.
Designed by experts and inspired by people
Providing you with complete protection for your peace of mind.
- Computer Security and Online Protection: Protects the content on your computer at home and safeguards you when you are using the Internet.
- Fast and simple to use: No need to mess around, just install and you are protected. You will not even notice it running in the background while you surf the web and enjoy your photos, music and movies.
- Complete protection: Protects your computer against all kinds of malicious attacks, stays constantly up-to-date, and uses leading edge technology to make sure you are always safe.
- Secure firewall: The firewall stops unwanted visitors getting into your computer via the Internet and protects you from hackers.
- Protects your e-mail: Blocks spam and phishing e-mails.
- On the go: Makes sure that you will not receive surprising bills when you are using mobile broadband.
- Protection against dangerous websites: Blocks harmful sites automatically so that you can browse the web safely without a hassle.
- Safe surfing for children: Parental control safeguards your children and you can have a peace of mind as a parent while they are online.
- Personalized settings: You can personalize settings for each person that uses the computer if you so desire.
Top customer reviews
I used this last year, the renewal came up for 1 PC at £29. Far too much money.
Looking for Which recommended software on Amazon, I found the FULL F-Secure 2012 for 3 PC's was....£9.95 !!!
Just installed it, simple, asking company why they have no customer loyalty scheme.In use, its almost invisible, it does the job very well.
(Expert user with a lot of Internet usage and 20 years PC Internet experience)
There are no silly "What do you want to do with this?" messages to confuse ordinary users (like Zone Alarm does so badly)
System impact - unnoticeable - unlike Norton and McAfee, which give you the experience of wearing concrete overshoes.
Would I recommend it?YES, I did buy another years copy after all, so it must be good to satisfy me,
some other programs are asking for a purchase price of £40 - don't pay it - the performance of F-secure is the same or much better, as tested by the Consumers Organisation.
Installation was quite quick and very easy - note that you need an active internet connection during installation as the installer checks for the latest versions before it begins. After updating the virus definitions we ran a full scan (which includes scanning for root-kits) and were pleasantly surprised how quick this was. I didn't need to change any of the default settings except to enable a regular scheduled quick-scan (which only scans new or updated files). Some PC security packages lock up your computer so securely you can't unlock it when you need to but F-Secure has a 'Tasks' button on the main screen which brings up a short list of useful functions - including options to unblock a suspicious app that F-Secure has blocked unnecessarily or to open ports in the firewall so a VOIP or file-sharing app can work. With some security packages (yes, Kaspersky, I mean you) useful functions like these can get buried deep in the settings where novices may fear to tread and so it's good to see them featured so prominently for less-experienced users.
The real test for any security software is how well protected it keeps your PC and, although we've had no issues so far, it's a bit soon to say how effective F-Secure is going to be - I'll report back here if we have any major problems. Otherwise F-Secure is really excellent, the interface is clean and simple-looking and mostly remains logical and non-threatening for less-experienced users. The whole package runs happily in the background causing no noticeable slowdown. Best of all is the current price on Amazon - to get a professional security solution for 3 PC's at this price is a total bargain!
F-Secure seem to have good customer support (I can't personally recommend this as I haven't needed to use it yet), so if like me you like the comfort of a 'big name' brand, I don't think you need to worry in this case.
I'll start with the install process.
You need an internet connection active in order to run the install so you don't really need to supplied CD at all, you could download the installer from the F-Secure web site and do it that way if you wish. After the installer had finished downloading the software from the internet it decided that I had some incompatible software installed (I had Trend Security suite installed) and it prompted me to remove it manually. After doing this the 32 bit machine behaved perfectly, it started up I logged in and after the install had completed everything was working fine. The 64 bit one installed and then after a reboot it decided that the Anti Virus component wasn't going to work, I tried several reboots and eventually it started (don't be surprised if it doesn't start immediately after the install as the AV component is downloaded after the rest of the install, but that wasn't my problem).
Once the product was working it is very simple to manage - simple Child controls on the internet (site types, browsing times etc), simple scheduled AV scans, and a firewall that tells you when something is blocked. You need access to a user account with administrative permissions to enable blocked site etc, so ensure that any children are logging in as themselves to stop them from accessing inapropriate material.
It also looks to be a product that consumes minimal amounts of CPU and memory resources and as an IT professional I am reasonably impressed by the package so far.
Most recent customer reviews
I've just renewed my subsciption for 2012 and not only doesn't it work, it has messed up...Read more
Look for similar items by category