- Paperback: 700 pages
- Publisher: Createspace (19 April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1461039533
- ISBN-13: 978-1461039532
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 4 x 23.5 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,523,808 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #307 in Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Clocks & Watches
- #2288 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- #2371 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
Extreme Restoration: A Comprehensive Guide to the Restoration and Preservation of Antique Clocks Paperback – 19 Apr 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Another plus for me is the fact that the author even provides hints on how to perform sophisticated tasks without breaking the bank with fancy equipment. There are well researched explanations on what material/supplies to use and where to buy it. He uses plenty of pictures to help the understanding of even the most simple tasks.
This book is, IMHO, an essential one for anyone who wants to get into the restoration OR preservation of older clocks. In my particular case, I was interested in how to preserve the original old paper labels in two clocks I am working on (one from the 1830s and the other from the 1860s) - this book covers that in extensive detail. That information, plus a bit of collaborative information from various web sites and clock forums, gives me a very comfortable feeling about what I intend to do.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Clocks & Watches
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies