3,532
Flavour Name: No Wheat|Size: 12.75 kg|Change

on 11 December 2012
This really is the best wild bird seed I've tried to date. I've had three different mixes on the go at once and refill the Extra Select three times more often.
The sparrows adore it and we've had loads more finches and tits visiting than usual. Even the robins come in twos and threes.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 March 2014
Ordered using Prime yesterday, arrived today via DPD. My birds love this feed, they've had it before but the previous bag was getting empty so it was time to reorder.
Don't hesitate to buy this for your birds; its a big VfM 12.5kg bag, there is no mess, a great mix of seed, but the bag is also very strong so it's unlikely to burst open.

I've also added a couple of photos of my own at the top of the page so you see what you're getting.

10/10
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 November 2013
My garden birds love this. I mix it with sunflower seeds in the ratio 2 scoops of this to 1 of sunflower (winter) and 4 of this to 1 of sunflower in summer.

It stores well because it is in a plastic sack rather than some of the cheaper food which comes in paper sacks and has to be stored carefully to stop it becoming damp.
on 16 August 2016
I love feeding the birds that visit our garden, so much so, that for a recent wedding anniversary, we were given an updated, new all singing, all dancing, bird feeding station, so, having had varied success with some of the sacks of bird food, I was keen to get something a bit more superior. This sack appealed to me, as it hasn't got any wheat in it, and as that tends to be the item that's left by my feathered friends, I thought it would be worth a try.
It arrived promptly and well packaged in the usual Amazon cardboard. The very next day, I put some out in the feeders, and on one of the little metal trays, and virtually no bird came to try it, sticking to the mealworms instead! However, after two days, they had realised that it might be worth a try, and once they did, the seed soon disappeared rapidly, so a big success- I haven't got the waste that we've had before, with loads of seeds sprouting around the base of the feeder, so at long last, I seem to have found seed that suits all. Very happy with this feed, as the lack of waste means that's it's worth the extra money that this costs.
this wild bird food arrived fast and well packed the birds love it and there is less waste i e wheat which the small birds do not like as i am not into feeding pigeons
on 8 December 2012
This is a high quality product at a very good price with a speedy and efficient service,
I am most impressed and would definitely recommend it to all bird lovers.
on 12 August 2015
Great value for money, birds are loving it!

Not much to say except well designed packaging, plenty of feed for your money and much cheaper than buying it in smaller amounts easily. Just tried it out on the pigeons and they're loving it already. I've bought other brands of seed mixtures before and as far as I can tell, this is the same as them and they've all gone done well with the birds too.
Can't comment on how popular and suitable it is for other types of birds naturally but so far so good with the pigeons that visit me!

-edit- Updating this to say I've just received my 2nd batch of this after ordering it. It was delivered 2 days earlier than expected and when I needed it the most which was a brilliant start and pleasant surprise at least! The packaging is nicely designed in aesthetic and functionality, with lots of information on the reverse/back of it. Very appealing to the eye and wasn't difficult to open either, even though it seemed it at first. It's sealed with lots of string woven in like stitching and I was able to open it surprisingly easily despite how 'complex' it seemed.
Obviously I don't know much about these kind of things, I can only speak from honest experience and opinions and I have to say, I genuinely love this product a lot! The pigeons I've been feeding adore it greatly too, unlike the other brand I was using prior to this on (it was a 25KG one for a similar price), the birds just absolutely devoured all the feed immediately! Completely different behaviour to the other feed I was using, where they would only eat the 'prime stuff' and leave all the wheat and what not until they were too hungry to avoid eating it basically, it definitely wasn't their preference in what they liked to eat.
The seed ratio/distribution/variety seems to be a lot better in this product, I saw a lot more different types of seeds all balanced out in amounts compared to the other feed I used which was mostly dust, wheat and what not. The birds just finished everything as soon as I put the food out and left no a single scrap of mess at all! With the previous feed, they would leave a huge mess everywhere from all the wheat and other feed they refused to eat until desperate.
This product has completely won me over, I'm not an expert in these things, nowhere near at all, but I do love this product and I have considered subscribing after this batch runs out. Even if I don't subscribe in the future for some odd reason, I'll definitely be purchasing this many times more gladly! Amazing value and quality, well worth the money as far as I can tell!
on 14 May 2017
NOT LIKE THE PICTURE.So much of it is ground to a fine powder, and about 1/3 of it is left as a floury mass on the table. BIrds clear my tables within hours - this doesn't clear in days even. I'm having to scrape huge anounts of powder off and throw it away. What a ripoff! This isn't 'songbird food'. All 13 species of birds in my garden are rejecting it - even the pesky pigeons!
This is one of the many products that I get on a monthly basis from Amazon and therefore get the extra discount of 15% off each item as I have more than five items every month (5% discount if you have between one and four items).
I regularly search for competitive prices both on-line and in the shops and rarely find it cheaper than here. At first I searched every month but after a few months of finding no cheaper options I now do not bother and just get this in the knowledge that I am getting it at a competitive price and that it is delivered to my door and so reduces the lifting load for my wife when she goes shopping (Also a bonus and I think I get brownie points for that).
Living in the country we always like to keep our feathered friends well fed (and don’t forget some water) and so have been through many different types of bird seed over the years.
We have finally found one that seems to do everything we want.
First off – there is very little dust which not only means you are getting what you paid for but also it is less stressful for those with allergies and hay fever etc.
Second – There is very little waste at all especially if you do not have too many larger birds like us. I know friends who have a lot of larger birds dining at their bird tables and they tend to gobble up all the larger leftovers or wheat (the birds not my friends). My mother (who lives a mile away) tried the same brand of this but the cheaper version with wheat and she found there to be excessive waste just like when we tried it and many others.
Finally – The bags are actually very sturdy, which makes a change nowadays. In fact they are so sturdy that my wife uses them to pack up garden waste to take to the compost recycling centre.
So all in all, this is very good stuff and very good value for money. The birds love it so much that I am forever filling the feeders.
on 12 May 2014
Arrived on time in good condition. Servicable container very useful
Added to daily birdseed ... slipping down a treat as I sit here :)