on 25 February 2014
If you are familiar with the work of Artur W. Pink you may find the heading a bit of an exageration but this is "Pink at his best". The depth of teaching in this book is excellent and each chapter is put in managable bits easy to digest. One can image other auhors treating this subject with great gravity and weighty points but pink puts his scolarship down in easy too understand sections. This is not to say that this in any way a lightway treatment of the Subject but it is written in an easy to read style but has has depths of meaning. Buy this book. Study this book and be blessed. Highly recommended
on 24 March 2017
Extremely thorough and helpful exposition of a vital part of God's inspired Word. Wordy in places but still very readable.
on 14 June 2017
Like it
on 23 September 2013
This commentary is one of the best. I was fortunate to have lived in Stornoway, and to have attended the church Pink attended, albeit at a later time. I comprehend his 'high-calvinistic' theology, and agree with almost all of his theology. This commentary was written piecemeal - as he travelled across the globe. He must have had a phenomenal memory - as he did a great, and beautiful heart - to have presented us with a useable, informative, and accurate work that would enhance any library. He is not 'scholastic', neither is he a 'Matthew Henry'; all-in-all, at 73 years of age I find him well-worth while reading, as are his other writings.
How I wish I had met the man himself; and how I missed the opportunity to seek-out those who knew him, when I had the opportunity. Many of them are still alive, so... do visit the Western Isles, and look them up: I'm sure they could even now enhance and fill-out our scant knowledge of this 'unnoticed saint'.
on 16 August 2014
This is an in-depth study of the book of Hebrews (could it ever be otherwise with A.W.P?) I certainly share Archibald Brown's sentiments regarding Pink, also being resident in Stornoway.
Pink was a very serious (an understatement if ever there was one) student of God's Word, having said all this, and being a fervent admirer of his many works, I would certainly agree with J.C.Ryle's statement, "I cannot call any man my master in theological matters". I do say this mainly in respect of Pink's "Redeemer's Return", a work which is diametrically and theologically opposed to his excellent work on Dispensationalism.
on 30 September 2016
Great book, though not finished yet. A W Pink has great insite and knowledge and able to convey something of the heart of the writer of Hebrews and what the Lord is seeking to show his church.
on 15 June 2016
Because the book is unreadable.

The book needs to be edited to make it readable.
In its current state, one star is very generous.
on 14 February 2014
Excellent in depth commentary by an very knowledgeable teacher. I have several of his books to add this one to.
on 26 March 2016
One of A.W. Pinks major works. Excellent.
on 24 July 2015