Exploring Techniques of Analysis and Evaluation in Strategic Management: AND Exploring Corporate Strategy - Text and Cases (Exploring Strategic Management) Paperback – 10 Jun 2004
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'New edition of a widely used and respected strategy textbook. Extensive teaching support.'
Dr Bruce Lloyd, Book Review Editor for LRP
From the Back Cover
Exploring Corporate Strategyis Europe s leading strategy textbook with sales of over 500,000 copies worldwide. This new edition builds on the established strengths of previous editions, whilst substantially updating and re-orientating material to meet the needs of contemporary students and lecturers. Classic features
- Combines analytic and process views of strategy.
- Heavily informed by research in the field.
- Links theory and practice through over 80 one-page illustrations, 11 chapter end case examples and over 30 case studies.
- Many globally known organisations (e.g. AOL/Time Warner, Honda, Virgin, Madonna, British Airways, BBC, News Corporation, Xerox, BMW, KPMG, Amazon, Glaxo/Smithcline Beecham, Marks and Spencer, Formula One, W.H.Smith).
- Cases and examples from many different sectors and geographical locations including UK, US, Scandinavia, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Holland, Croatia.
- Impressive additional support for tutors and students including: teacher s manual (course design, work assignment de-briefs, case study teaching notes), CD of text exhibits, companion website (including updates, links and multiple choice questions), videos and the Exploring Strategic Management series of books on: techniques, strategic change, finance and public sector strategy.
- Throughout the text, strategy is seen through three complementary 'lenses': 'design' (an analytical approach); 'experience' (builds on cultural, institutional and cognitive schools of thought); 'ideas' (builds on evolutionary and complexity theories).
- Critical commentaries
- at the end of each part of the book encourage students to engage critically with the material, exploring links between chapter topics and developing a more holistic view of strategic issues as viewed through these three lenses.
- Strategies for a fast changing world including hypercompetitive and game theoretic strategies.
- An increased emphasis on knowledge as a basis of competitive advantage.
- A new framework for corporate level strategies.
- A new more integrated approach to issues of structuring: structures, processes, boundaries and relationships.
- A complete chapter on the links between overall strategy and strategies for separate resource areas, people, information, finance and technology.
- Many examples of new economy issues: IT, de-regulation, globalisation and flexible structuring.