- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Exploring Raspberry Pi: Interfacing to the Real World with Embedded Linux Paperback – 5 Apr 2016
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"...this is a book worth having on your shelf." (I programmer, August 2016)
From the Back Cover
"Exploring Raspberry Pi is THE book to go to if you are interested in learning about the impressive physical computing capabilities of the Raspberry Pi platform. Derek Molloy imparts the electronics, programming, and embedded Linux skills that are vital to today's innovators in building the next generation of Internet of Things applications.."
-- Eben Upton, Co-creator of the Raspberry Pi
BUILD THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO INNOVATE
Economical and versatile, the Raspberry Pi can be adapted for thousands of applications. Open up all its possibilities by applying engineering principles along with Linux programming techniques, and develop the skills you need to design and build an endless array of projects.
Exploring Raspberry Pi first covers the basics of the hardware platform, recommended accessories, software, embedded Linux systems, and Linux programming techniques. Then it takes you deeper into interfacing, controlling, and communicating, with detailed information about Raspberry Pi GPIOs, buses, UART devices, and USB peripherals. You will learn to configure a cross-compilation environment in order to build large-scale software applications, as well as how to combine hardware and software to enable the Raspberry Pi to interact effectively with its physical environment. Finally, you'll discover how to use the Raspberry Pi for advanced interfacing and interaction applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT); wireless communication and control; rich user interfaces; images, video, and audio; and Linux kernel programming.
Instead of recipes for a few specific projects, Exploring Raspberry Pi arms you with the skills needed to build the projects that exist in your imagination. You'll learn to:
- Develop essential Linux and programming skills
- Build Internet of Things (IoT) applications
- Master interfacing, controlling, and communication
- Design applications that interact with the physical environment
- Utilize the Arduino platform as a service processor
- Build wireless communication applications
- Write and install a custom Linux loadable kernel module
- Apply the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero to your projects
Visit the companion website at www.exploringrpi.comSee all Product description
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
30 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 30 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am writing this as I felt I have my money back by chapter 3, excelent, can't wait to read the rest.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?