Exploring Corporate Strategy Paperback – 7 Dec 2007
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Over 750,000 students worldwide have used this best-selling book through their academic and professional careers.
Join them today and stay at the top of the class with the 8th edition of Exploring Corporate Strategy!
By far the best book in the field I have ever read! It makes the study of Strategy interesting! [The authors] relate theory to real-life examples which are up to date with current business news. I would most certainly recommend this book to anyone! The on-line features are excellent as well.
I found this book to be invaluable during [my] Strategic Management module. During my written assignment (which I passed easily) I drew heavily on the concepts and ideas introduced in this publication.
Amazon reviews of 7th edition
Are small firms more innovative than large organisations? What impact do culture and history have on strategy? What does a strategist actually do?
Explore key and contemporary questions such as these as well as all the fundamental concepts and tools of strategy, plus:
· Get the latest developments in this fast-moving field: brand new chapters on innovation and entrepreneurship, international strategy and the practice of strategy keep you at the cutting edge
· Read the most recent and intriguing strategy stories: case studies on familiar and headline-grabbing organisations, such as eBay, Skype, Virgin and many more
· Develop your critical thinking skills, using key debates and critical commentaries throughout the text
Succeed in your studies, enhance your understanding and improve your grade. Use the unique access card provided with all new copies of this book to log on to www.pearsoned.co.uk/ecs and:
· Reinforce key concepts using audio downloads, animated models and quick tests
· Track your progress with self-assessment questions and a personal gradebook
· Prepare for your exams with revision flashcards and a multi-lingual mini-dictionary of strategy
About the Author
Gerry Johnson is Professor of Strategic Management at Lancaster University. Kevan Scholes is Visiting Professor of Strategic Management at Sheffield Hallam University. Richard Whittington is Professor of Strategic Management at University of Oxford.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Not to forget, it has even a key concept revision chapter, which is really good for exam preparations.
So I think it's a great book, good purchase in my case at least
I found the author highly theoretic in his approach and he unfortunately showed to have little understanding for practical matters in strategy when students with real life experience had differing opinions in class.
I tried to compensate for this by reading the book, but soon switched to other lecturers lecture notes which were clearer and more applicable.
I would have rated the book as 1, but chose to give it a 2 since I have not spent enough time going through the material once I shifted to other sources.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is cheap, and quick to deliver! The book is good for me to use with high quality! Even though it is the used one, still look like a new!Published on 30 July 2012 by Chen Qiu
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Decision Making
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Strategy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Business Plans