- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Fortran 95/2003 Explained (Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computation) Paperback – 26 Aug 2004
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'The book is excellent. It is written in such a way that simple programs can already be coded after the first three chapters have been read.' (EMS Newsletter)
Readers who are familiar with Fortran 90/95 Explained by Michael Malcolm and John Reid will be pleased to add Fortran 95/2003 Explained, with the welcome addition of Malcolm Cohen as co-author, to their libraries. As with the previous work, this is a model of clear exposition ... Practitioners will be happy to have this important new book. (ACM Fortran Forum)
About the Author
Michael Metcalf worked for many years at CERN, Geneva. He is the author of a range of publications, including Fortran 90/95 Explained (with John Reid) and Effective FORTRAN 77 (Oxford University Press), and FORTRAN Optimization (Academic Press). He is the editor of ACM Fortran Forum. John Reid is well known as a numerical analyst and is a co-author of Direct Methods for Sparse Matrices (OUP). He is the Convener of the ISO Fortran Committee and has played a leading role in the development of many of the features of Fortran 95 and 2003. Malcolm Cohen is a mathematician and the leading compiler writer at NAG in Oxford. He has participated actively in the development of Fortran standards and was a major deisgner of Fortran 2003's object-oriented features.
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Philosophy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Philosophy of Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy