Size: Nokia Lumia 1520 Crystal Clear Expert Shield|Change

on 2 May 2017
Tried to install the screen protector, following all the videos and instructions ,but still ended up getting lots of bubbles. I removed it and tried several more times which just made it worse. Ended up having to throw it away. However, contacted the company who next day sent me a replacement. Still have not tried to install this second protector. This item is not easy to install for a novice and would recommend looking for something else to protect your screen or get a professional to install one for you.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2015
It was as you said a very good product
but it was to long for my Nokia 520 not to worry.
I think it is best on the market I am not complaining.
I have gone back on my Samsung Galaxy Ace
Which I have not got your product but i will get one
Keep up the good work
Yours Sincerely
Patrick Morris
on 6 February 2014
The Expert Shield is definitely one of the best screen protectors I've used. Easy to apply, great visibility and protection.

Unfortunately, for the Lumia 925 it doesn't attach well enough to the edge of the devices so you get a ridge where "gunk" gets in.
A shame, if it was cut a little finer it would be awesome.
on 25 November 2015
Would highly recommend, no bubbles at all. Must be a newer version as my screen protector fits perfectly on my 930. Great customer service too, it originally came damaged and was sent a replacement promptly for free.
on 6 August 2013
I have previously used another, more expensive brand of screen protector. I purchased two of the competitors SP for twice the price of ExpertShield and wasn't impressed so I decided to buy this one and give them a go, especially as the price was more favourable. Yes ExpertShield are a little more than your pack of 10 cheap ones but I think it is worth paying the extra for the quality.

They fit perfectly on the Lumia 520 (which is a great budget smartphone), the installation is easy and although it isn't completely bubble free it almost is. My experience is that it is very hard to get a 110% perfect application, but so far the ExpertShield has been the best of all the SP I have tried.

I am also happy with the finish, it's almost like there isn't a screen protector applied - it's as clear as the glass.

I think the most important thing though is not just how good the screen protector is, but how much ExpertShield care about the customer. Although I have not had to use their customer service, the included note and general communication from them indicates they really want you to be happy with the protector and will sure help you if you need it.

Overall, yes they are expensive but I think these protectors are worth it. I have ExpertShield on my Microsoft Surface RT too, since the competitors product was almost £60! There is no way I am going to pay that for a screen protector so I again chose the ExpertShield and I'm also happy with the Surface RT protector. They are now the company I will choose for protectors in future as the quality is good, price is right and the customer service aims to stand behind the product.

As it's so new I am unable to comment on long term durability of the protector but it feels like it would last equally as long as other high-end protectors I've had.
on 14 September 2013
I received my Expert Shield screen protector for my brand new Lumia 920 and was a little disappointed with the application at first - edges weren't quite sticky enough, but I was sort of assuming I'd just have to deal with it. It didn't impair the usage of the phone at all, I just felt a little disappointed, that's all. I had a few emails from Expert Shield saying I should get in touch if I wasn't happy - I didn't imagine much would happen if I did, but I figured I'd try emailing to see if they could offer any support. Sure enough, they said that they would be more than happy to send me a replacement screen protector, free of charge. It arrived within 24 hours, and this one went on a little better. I'm really pleased that they were keen to help and make sure I was satisfied with their product. This kind of service is brilliant, and I'd recommend giving this screen protector a go to anyone who wants to look after their Lumia.
on 19 September 2014
Unfortunately the screen protector didn't work for my phone. It was too big, this Nokia 930 has curved edges and that was a problem with this protector. I would highly recommend them for other models. The customer services were fantastic they sent out a replacement, but sadly that didn't work so we got a refund and also the promise of sending out the revised protector. When they say a lifetime guarantee they really mean it😄
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2013
This screen protector is really good it left a smile on my face, I tried a different screen protector before this and it was more expensive and a headache to put on, it had to be wet, with this I followed the instructions and it took me less than 15 mins to put on, the most important thing is to make sure there is no dust around, It sticks to the screen on first contact and was easy to align, its really transparent, you wont notice it when your lights on, there no air bubbles, and the screen is still very responsive with the protector on, I dont normally leave reviews but I highly recommend this product
on 30 May 2013
This item was a little bit more expensive that other suppliers' products but I thought I'd give it a go as it has a lifetime guarantee and also a guarantee against 'bubbles'. Ordered one day and arrived the next day. Asked my husband to apply the screen protector as I thought he'd do a better job than me! He applied it as if he was smoothing bubbles out of wallpaper, starting at the top and working downwards, going from the centre to each side in turn, and used a store loyalty card to do this. The first and only attempt to apply the protector - no bubbles and only one tiny tiny speck of dust which I don't even notice when the phone is on. Really pleased with the glass-like appearance. Only just applied it so time will tell regarding durability. Will definitely purchase this product again if needed for other phones in the family.
on 4 April 2015
I'm updating my previous review. The first screen protector I was sent scratched within a few days of receiving it. The company sent me out a replacement free of charge, and have been using this for a couple of weeks now. Pleased to say that with a couple of weeks normal use, it remains in pristine condition. Still crystal clear and very easy to apply, and now I can add seems durable.

Bought this almost on impulse as I had to get an order over a tenner to qualify for free delivery and had been looking for a new screen protector.
As another reviewer has stated, it is a bit smaller than the glass area on the Lumia 930, the actual screen area is fully covered but there's a gap of around 5mm all round where the glass tapers into the frame of the phone. That was actually quite handy for me as I use the ONX tough case for my phone, so I can use both together.

The previous screen protector I had been using was the one supplied with the case, which was very bubbled and changed the feel of the screen from glass like to a less pleasant texture, and was particularly poor with greasy fingers.

On applying this one, the difference in clarity is immediately obvious. The screen now appears as it would without a protector on, and I can particularly appreciate this when looking at pictures. Even for text, everything looks a bit crisper. The feel is also more glass like (but still not exactly the same as the actual screen). Even better, it was quite easy to achieve a bubble and dust free application, probably helped by not being an exact fit for the glass surface so there is some room for error.

See one answered question