TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 August 2016
A collection of stories of encounters with deceased persons and some near death experiences, largely unconnected with Christianity or other world religions. There iis quite a bit about mediums and communication with the dead. The author is sincere and so, it seems, are the people she mentions. It contains the usual message of such books - mankind is evolving, deceased people are happy and there is no personal God or judgment after death. I appreciate that the author and others want to reassure and comfort, but compared with the Christian accounts that I have read, there is precious little in this book to stimulate the imagination, exalt one's aspirations or arouse one's conscience. In fact, for me, it falls into the category of folk religion - focusing on the supernatural without any particular moral force.
Quite a lot of research went into this book, and it is useful to learn to understand better a point of view I disagree with. However, the book is short and the stories are at second hand and lack immediacy, so did not grip me. I'm rather sorry I spent my money on it.
on 15 November 2014
love this
on 12 February 2014
This is one of the best set of stories on near death experience and afterlife I have read so far. There is no doubt that there is something like this happening around us and the trouble is that no one talks about it. Its often hushed down and if you talk about it to others then most will think you are mental. This book confirms and shows convincing proof there really is life after death. These are compelling stories that go into details which was extremely fascinating and enlightening to me. Once I slept with my hand on the chest and woke up to see myself lying on the bed. I got really afraid. Its reassuring and comforting to know that there are others who are experiencing stuff like me. Although mine is a simple example but near death experiences are for real.
on 10 February 2014
I loved it. Tessy Rawlins writes in a unique style and really gets to the heart of the matter. Here she covers a fascinating subject and provides an intriguing look at the afterlife. I was recommended this book by a good friend and was not disappinted. A well written, well structured and thoroughly interesting look at some fundamental questions. Highly recommended!
on 4 March 2014
The author of this book has truly given much thought
In explaining, the meaning of life after death. Worded very simply for all to understand'! I am very much a avid reader of such books. And found this book to be one of the best. A book I will truly recommend.
on 1 July 2015
Whilst being ill I experienced a glimpse of another dimension which has in turn scared me, confused me, comforted me, frustrated me and put me in awe of a peaceful and healing light which has visited me. Since recovering I read The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony and a story Like The Wind, Laurens Van De Post and started to grasp the idea that we truly are connected. I am curious and this book really interested me. I am starting to believe that there is more than this earth, it is.....Surreal!
on 31 January 2014
This is the number one best book I have read on this fascinating subject , I am only half way through it but every page turned grips you with the experiences of nde"s written in it !
Let us all hope this happens to us all when we pass on !
on 21 April 2014
For the spiritual person,a must read,give real account of people who had NDE,can't wait for more next book please thanks
on 10 June 2014
Goes into some scientific theories but mainly discusses peoples experiences. Argues that if someone is assessed as having limited brain functioning yet has an NDE, were is the awareness coming from? Can cognitive functioning also be external from the brain?
on 24 May 2014
Very believable and insightful. I found this book a comfort and will quite possibly read again. Very easy to dip into when one wants reassurance that there is something beyond this life.