- Get 3 of 3 for £20 for £20.00 offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Exorcist [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
|Additional Blu-ray options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Controversial, haunting and popular from the moment it opened, William Friedkin's masterpiece The Exorcist, now marks its historic Blu-ray premiere in a 2-disc Edition featuring stunning Hi-Def presentations of the Original 1973 Theatrical Version and the 2000 Extended Director's Cut.The terrifying and realistic tale of an innocent girl inhabited by a terrifying entity, her mother's frantic resolve to save her and two priests - one doubt-ridden, the other a rock of faith - joined to battle the ultimate evil, always leaves viewers breathless. Winner of two Academy Awards(R) and nominated for an additional eight including Best Picture, this greatest supernatural thriller of all time still astonishes and unsettles like no other movie. Special Features:
• Remastered Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut
• Audio commentaries (two by Friedkin)
• New Filming Exorcist documentary (40 mins): Features intimate footage of cast and crew. Make-up tests, stunt sequences, and more. This is never-before-seen footage from cinematographer Owen Roizman that, for the first time, puts viewers on the set of this groundbreaking film with Linda Blair, Max von Sydow and the film-makers
• New Exorcist Locations (10 mins): Featurette on the various shooting locations of the film
• New Exorcist: Different Versions (10 mins): Featurette on the various versions of the film
• Fear of God documentary (77 mins)
• Interview Gallery (12 mins)
• Director's Cut and Theatrical Cut Trailers/Spots (10 mins)
Director William Friedkin was a hot ticket in Hollywood after the success of The French Connection, and he turned heads (in more ways than one) when he decided to make The Exorcist as his follow-up film. Adapted by William Peter Blatty from his controversial best-seller, this shocking 1973 thriller set an intense and often-copied milestone for screen terror with its unflinching depiction of a young girl (Linda Blair) who is possessed by an evil spirit. Jason Miller and Max von Sydow are perfectly cast as the priests who risk their sanity and their lives to administer the rites of demonic exorcism, and Ellen Burstyn plays Blair's mother, who can only stand by in horror as her daughter's body is wracked by satanic disfiguration. One of the most frightening films ever made, The Exorcist was mysteriously plagued by troubles during production, and the years have not diminished its capacity to disturb even the most stoical viewers. --Jeff Shannon --This text refers to an alternate Blu-ray edition.See all Product description
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews