- Hardcover: 264 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd; 3 edition (19 Oct. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184920067X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849200677
- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 2 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy in Practice Hardcover – 19 Oct 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'This latest edition of the classic text Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy in Practice preserves the accessibility and focus on actual practice which made the original essential reading for all existential therapists, while incorporating new material on working with emotions and dreams, alongside valuable suggestions in every chapter for discussion and reflection. It is authoritative without being dogmatic, and in the honesty and clarity with which it presents this most lively and vibrant way of working cannot fail to inspire any therapist wishing to engage creatively with the problems of living which clients bring to the consulting room' -
Professor Simon du Plock, Metanoia Institute & Middlesex University
'In this third edition of the classic, Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy in Practice, Deurzen offers her confident down-to-earth account of existential practice now with a valuable new overview of the philosophers who have influenced this perspective. She manages to show concretely how existential philosophy is practiced without reducing it to doctrine or method. The text provides an antidote to the contemporary thinning out, through technique and expertise, of what psychotherapy should be; a vigorous and passionate dialogue about human life and how to live it. Highly readable and inspiring, this text remains a stalwart within the increasing literature on existential therapies' -
Greg Madison, PhD., author, The End of Belonging and co-editor of the Journal of Existential Analysis and Existential Therapy: Legacy, Vibrancy and Dialogue
About the Author
Emmy van Deurzen is an international authority on existential therapy, who lectures worldwide and whose work has been translated into many languages. She is the founder and principal of the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling in London and a visiting professor with Middlesex University. She also directs Dilemma Consultancy and the Existential Academy, in London and Sheffield. She was previously the founder and first Dean of the School of Psychotherapy at Regent's College and she was also the first chair of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. It was her initiative in forming the Society for Existential Analysis and its journal Existential Analysis, in 1988, the same year this book was first published, which established the field of existential psychotherapy and counselling in the United Kingdom.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z