on 20 July 2014
I found this one hard to rate.

The problem is that the book really contains two stories. The main one is good enough. Interesting characters with unusual enough powers to hold the attention. Their only flaw is a tendency to sit around recapping everything that you've just read. Aside from that, the action is okay and the plot moves on smartly.

Perhaps a little too smartly because after the story reaches its conclusion, a completely different one starts up. New enemies appear, a new problem is posed and an entirely different adventure begins. This one is shorter and, to me, really hard not to get annoyed at because of all the twee fake Irish people. They don't actually say 'begorrah' but it's a close call. (I should add that I'm Irish so I may be a little biased.)

My overwhelming impression at the end was: the author wrote a decent book then someone decided that it wasn't long enough so he tacked a half hearted second story onto the end. I'd give the first part of the book 3.5 stars and the second part 1 star. Settled on 2.

Also, for the love of the gods, would someone teach the author the difference between 'then' and 'than'? Thanks.
on 29 November 2017
Unputdownable. I have enjoyed the whole series of these books. They just gallop along. Got into them as someone recommended them if you like the Hellquin novels. Can't wait for the next one. My husband is now equally hooked.
on 22 July 2016
Shifting what was an adult series into something much more YA made for a strange development so far into a series, but it more or less worked. I will continue but I admit I'm a trifle uncertain about how this will now develop further. The series has been so good till now I'd hate to see it decline.
on 17 March 2016
I thought I was reading the wrong book were was Chris ,Tanya,SOS but this is about two other people we meet in the previous book . I was not sure if I was even going to read it but I stuck with and by the end I had enjoyed reading it . it is different to the other books so I expect these two characters to appear more in the series
on 6 August 2015
Not about the same characters as the previous books. Written to an equal standard, but it feels like this story should have been interwoven with one of the previous books and finally the link between the characters revealed.
on 21 April 2015
Switching characters mid-series is always an extremely risky step to take and is almost never done effectively. However, John Conroe's Executable is definitely the rare exception to this general rule.

If anything, his main characters are stronger than those of his previous books, primarily because they are not invulnerable to harm. This is an extremely enjoyable story, which kept me gripped throughout, and I am delighted to see that John Conroe has now written a follow up (already purchased).
on 27 May 2016
Another fun, easy and enjoyable read from the Demon Accords series. Can't wait for the next one.
on 29 August 2016
Like all of John's fans I am always looking forward to the next story in the Demon Accords series. Knowing I have to be patient just means that I'm on the third time of reading all the books in the series to date. For me he's the best author in the genre.
on 20 March 2016
I have read all of this series and enjoyed every one as they only get better
on 19 February 2014
Good book but it did seem to be more of a YA book than the rest of this series. Still worth reading to learn about more New characters who first appeared in the final chapters of the previous book.