Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Anyone get this "Amazon Exclusive" actually with the Limited edition postcards

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Mar 2008, 14:04:07 GMT
Hi, when Warner first released the UK Region 2 2008 Stanley Kubrick Special Edition DVDs on 3 March 2008, Amazon had exclusives advertised as:
A Clockwork Orange (Two Disc Special Edition) with Limited Edition Art Cards (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [1971]
Eyes Wide Shut (Special Edition) with Limited Edition Art Cards (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [1999]
Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) with Limited Edition Art Cards (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [1987]
The Shining (Special Edition) with Limited Edition Art Cards (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [1980]
2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition) with Limited Edition Art Cards(Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk ) [1968]

When I ordered my copies from Amazon on 3 March (release date), all copies had no art cards in them-they were same as the editions one could order from any UK retailer. I queried with Amazon and they set replacement copies for all movies. The second lot of DVDs still had no artcards. When I queried again, they admitted "It seems that this problem is more widespread than we originally thought, so we are unable to send another replacement. We will investigate the matter and try to remedy the situation; however, we cannot guarantee when the error will be fixed." That was 11 March 2008.
Now (13 March) I notice on the website reference to "with Limited Edition Art Cards (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)" in the title of each release has been removed however, pictures of the artcards still exist within each release product information.
Anyone actually order the Amazon exclusives and get the artcards also? I am curious to know if they ever released the artcards?
Thanks
13 March 2008

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2008, 01:06:55 BST
Siamese says:
Hi,
I had ordered both '2001' and 'A Clockwork Orange' in March, which were the special editions with the limited edition art card packs, but when I got the DVDs there were no art cards inside. However, about a week ago I was sent those two packs of the art cards, wrapped in plastic inside large envelopes, from Amazon UK.
Thus, yes they were late in coming, but Amazon did deliver them in the end.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  14 Mar 2008
Latest post:  16 May 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.