Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 September 2011
The Excel 2010 Workbook for Dummies is worth every penny. I taught myself the basics of Excel by following online video tutorials in conjunction with a couple of textbooks, but wasn't convinced that I was taking it all in. By working my way through the exercises in this book, which starts with the basics and progresses to Excel's advanced features at a logical pace, I reinforced the knowledge I had acquired.

As another reviewer remarked, it is essential that you have the CD containing the exercises together with video-based explanations. The book is only suitable for download if Wiley (the publishers) make those exercises available online.
on 27 December 2010
Stop right now! Don't be a dummie like me. I downloaded this book and ignored the fact that the CD was part of it. Whilst it is useful to work through the layout of Excel, without the CD, you can't check whether what you have done is correct. It is frustrating to be told to go to the Worksheet in the folder etc and on the CD...and not to have a folder or CD go to. I think Amazon have made a big mistake offering this as a download.
on 25 July 2013
Have had problems understanding some part of Excel 2010, So I brought the book to help me out. So far so good.
on 26 January 2016
Very easy to understand, I have knowledge of excel so some is not relevant. However I started at the beginning and although I knew most tips it refreshed bits and pieces that had filtered out!
on 28 May 2015
love the Dummies series and this one didn't disappoint.
on 30 May 2016
good basic information at a fair price