Evolutionary Psychology: An Introduction Paperback – 19 Jun 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From reviews of the first edition: '… Lance Workman and Will Reader's textbook is a godsend.' The Times Higher Education Supplement
'… a well written and wide-ranging account … the arguments are generally balanced and well set out …'. TRENDS in Ecology and Evolution
'This is a comprehensive and eminently readable introduction to an intriguing new branch of science.' Western Daily Press
Now in 2 colours, and with enhanced pedagogy, this new edition includes a new chapter on 'Evolution and Individual Differences'. Features include chapter summaries, critical thinking questions and guides to further reading. An engaging, critically written text that will be the only textbook students need for introductory evolutionary psychology.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I highly recommend this book for those who want to learn how our behavior is shaped by natural and sexual selection. If you don't know much about evolution, however, I recommend reading up on it first, as understanding such a complex theory is essential for understanding how it shapes our behavior.
Overall, it's well written, concise for what it covers, and great for introducing the reader into basic concepts of biology that are essential for understanding any part of psychology.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Evolutionary Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > The Self, Ego & Personality
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy