on 16 November 2013
I bought this to accompany my purchase of an Evolution Rage 3 saw.

I'm quite honestly staggered at the quality! The instructions provided were exceptionally good - From unboxing to fully set up with the saw mounted securely in less than ten minutes. The working height seems to be spot on, and the extending supports are "rollers" which will make handling long pieces a doddle. Most impressive of all though is the stability... Absolutely rock solid!

I can't see any negatives as yet.... The stand will certainly help me to use the saw for projects all over the house.

Amazon were at least £30 cheaper than all the other sites I checked too.... Perfect!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Evolution Mitre Saw Stand is a large and robust working stand for use with a Mitre saw. Size-wise, the stand is a bit of a beast – measuring 100cm x 82cm x 65cm (approx.) without the extension arms out. The stand also weighs a fair old amount too (16kg apparently) – so when you’ve got your Mitre saw bolted on it’s really going to weigh some.

Upon arriving, you’ll need to assemble the stand using the enclosed instructions. Assembly took me around five minutes (and that was with my two four-year-olds buzzing around me asking what each part did) - so its assembly really is very quick and straight forward. The enclosed instructions take you through each step as well as how to mount your mitre saw (a fellow reviewer has stated that this guidance isn’t included, but it is – see pages 6-7 of instruction manual).

When your saw stand is assembled, it’s very easy to adjust to suit your needs. You can slide your Mitre saw along the main body of the stand simply by lifting-up the clamping arms and sliding it along. The extension arms on either side of the stand extend out simply by loosening the locking screws on each one, and then sliding the extension arms out. Fully extended on both sides, they can extend out to a full 240cm. Furthermore, the extending arms include rollers on the top for use with large and/or repetitive cutting operations.

In use, the stand is incredibly sturdy. The rounded hard-plastic feet seem to grip the floor surprisingly well (I’ve used the stand on concrete flooring as well as on patio slabs). Indeed, when you’re sawing large planks of wood, the stand is reassuringly stable – staying firmly in position at all times.

The stand can also be used with a manual mitre precision saw (i.e. a not a power saw) as well as simply a sturdy stand for a mitre saw box. For reviewing purposes I also tried bolting my manual precision mitre saw onto the stand and can confirm that it holds it just as well as a power mitre saw.

The four legs on the stand are also collapsible making storage that little bit easier – however the stand is still a big piece of equipment, so if you’re short on space then you really need to bear this in mind.

For the absolute ease at which you can adjust the stand and the incredible sturdiness it offers I have to award the product the full five stars. Since I’ve had the stand it’s proven to be such a handy and easy-to-work-with piece of equipment, and something I’ve found that I’ve now kept permanently unfolded and ready for use in our garage.
on 19 November 2014
Robust and solid construction providing a very stable base for my "chop" saw (mitre saw). Looking at the materials used and its construction, I expect this stand to outlast me! The only items that might not last too well are the 6 tightening knobs for the extender arms, which have plastic heads and don't feel that tough - time will tell.

Good working height (not variable - unless you saw the legs down!) with extension supports on both sides makes cutting a joy. Although quite heavy, it does collapse to a relatively small size for carting around to where you want to do the work or for storing.

It was easy to quickly fit my MacAllister (B&Q) 1400W sliding mitre saw, which I've had for about 4 years - should have bought the stand much sooner. Although (bizarrely) the mounting holes on my saw base are not parallel, they fitted easily on the mounts and the mounts then fitted solidly onto the bench, even though they were not quite parallel (approx 10mm off). The mounts use a simple screw adjustment to set the correct lock-down compression, which is well explained in the manual. Talking of which, the manual does a good job of explaining everything. Not that much explanation is required as, apart from fixing your saw to the mounts and the rollers to the extensions, there is nothing else to do - 10 minutes and you are up and running.

The extensions on either side provide additional support for longer pieces of wood. They are strong enough to hold the weight of heavy timber, but as they are offset from the centreline, they do allow the rollers to twist round a little. This means the two rollers are never exactly on the same plane as the mitre saw. As the rollers are only intended to support the weight of overhanging timber, their height can be adjusted to best support different sizes of timber.

At £66 this stand represents good value for money.

I was considering the Charnwood W215, but it was bigger (bed is about 0.5m longer) and would take up even more space in my limited area. It is also much more expensive. Looking at photos of the Charnwood and some others, the design, construction and materials look to be the same (it wouldn't surprise me to find they are made in the same Chinese factory). I suspect a lot of the offerings from different companies are simply "badge" engineered for them with minor changes such as the length of the bed and the paint colour scheme.

I have another item I'd like to fit to the stand, but extra mounting brackets are prohibitively expensive at £30+.
review image
on 9 June 2014
Solid, well built and the perfect accessory for any mitre saw. Easy to mount and remove the saw, takes seconds. Easy to set up and rock solid in use. The side extensions are great, not long enough for very job but a fantastic helping hand most of the time.

In all, delighted I got this. I would recommend it for any brand of mitre saw.

I'm a DIY user, not in the trade. I mount a 110v evolution rage 3 254mm saw on it, but it could wearily take any saw.

It is really well built and I would imagine would stand up to daily use without any difficulty.
on 22 September 2013
Purchased with the corresponding Evolution Mitre saw. The stand is excellent and well made. Really robust and was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy it was. Would I buy another one? Yes and I'd definitely recommend.
on 18 April 2014
I purchased this item which appeared on the daily deals for Evolution Compound Mitre saw which I have for some years and which since I bought has made my DIY carpentry much more accurate and has reduced the time to make things drastically!
The saw has been on a table but seeing the stand I could see that it would help the cutting of longer lengths of wood .
It was a breeze to assemble and the way it folds for easy transportation is very well thought out.
It came with clear instructions and I had no trouble putting it together. The only snag I found was that once the saw was fitted to the saw mounting brackets the release levers let you move it side to side but not lift it off, but that may be down to my assembly not design and at a later date I will remount the saw and try again but it makes no difference to its use and I am very pleased with it. The design, functionality and price, in my opinion, can't be faulted.
on 23 May 2013
purchased the saw and decided to buy the stand to use with it. Excellent product, light but very stable . Easily attached to the saw and very easy to store. Would recommend it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 April 2015
Very pleased with this and makes it very much easier to use my Evolution Mitre saw. Wish I got this earlier. However Amazon were rather tardy in dispatching it.

The frame is very sturdy and perhaps a bit over engineered, so it is a bit heavy carry around.

As others have noted, the roller support are a bit tilted and the clamps for these don't grip as well as they should and can slip and give way unexpectedly.

It is quick and easy to set up and fold away, without taking up too much storage space. Once the saw is attached, it can be quickly and easily unclipped from the frame. This increases the height of the saw for storage, which in my case made it higher than the spacing between the shelves where it used to be stored, so caused a bit of a storage problem.

Very good, but improvement is needed for the roller alignment and the related adjustment grips.
on 29 July 2016
Comes with "Original Instructions" for assembly - a bit out of date as it is mostly assembled - no problems there. Was a bit concerned it may not fit to a 254mm Lumberjack Double Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, nothing to be concerned about - no problems. A real sturdy piece of kit that I would recommend, need a bit of space though. Well pleased with this purchase, deserves 5 stars.
on 26 November 2015
I have to say I'm surprised at the number of glowing 5 star reviews. This stand certainly does what it's supposed to do. The legs are very sturdy and the mechanism for clamping the saw to the runner bars is also good. Beyond that though I was disappointed with a couple of key things...

1. The extendable arms do not stay square when extended - they twist a little. This causes the support roller to hang at an angle, and therefore only support the work piece at the rear side and not across its whole width.

2. When used with an Evolution Rage 3 saw, it is not possible (unless I'm missing something!) to make 45 degree cuts, since the clamp mechanism obstructs the full rotation of the saw base. If I was using a different brand of saw I'd say that was forgiveable, but surely Evolution should have designed their own products to work together with full function.

The stand is sturdy and will certainly do the job. I'd recommend it but be aware of theses potential downsides.