The Evolution of Irish Nationalist Politics Paperback – 1 Sep 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Tom Garvin is Emeritus Professor of Politics at University College Dublin and an honorary research fellow at IBIS. His books include Nationalist Revolutionaries inIreland (1987), 1922: The Birth of Irish Democracy (1996), and Preventing theFuture:Why was Ireland so poor for so long? (2004). He is also the author of many articles and chapters on Irish and comparative politics. He is an alumnus of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington D.C., and a Member of the Royal Irish Academy. He has taught at the University of Georgia, Colgate University and Mount Holyoke College. Most recently, his biography of Sean Lemass, Judging Lemass, was published by the Royal Irish Academy in 2009.
Top Customer Reviews
Despite all of this the book is still current and it's insight into the genealogy of nationalist political movements in Ireland since the late 18th century was very interesting. While it's not exactly an in-depth history of Irish nationalism, it does give you a clear idea of how the organisation and aims of earlier movements fed into later ones.
One word of warning though, Garvin relies heavily on statistical analysis to back up his points and you can be left a little lost trying to understand his arguments if you don't know what "lagged correlations" and "zero-order correlations" are.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Political History > Nationalism
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Nationalism