- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
Everyday Oracle DBA (Osborne Oracle Press Series) Paperback – 1 Jan 2006
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Hundreds of Ways to Get More Done Faster
Learn how to effectively and efficiently administer an Oracle database and handle a variety of daily tasks with ease. Filled with tips, tricks, and shortcuts, Everyday Oracle DBA is designed to make your job easier and more productive. The book covers database setup, user management, PL/SQL, backup, restoration, tuning, troubleshooting, testing, and much more. Get the answers you need right at your fingertips from this Oracle Press guide.
- Allow user access while protecting data integrity
- Enable automated database auditing
- Use PL/SQL stored program units for administrative tasks
- Set up and implement a sound backup and recovery plan
- Handle disaster recovery
- Monitor and tune the database for peak performance
- Enable high availability using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Data Guard, and other tools
- Take advantage of Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Application Manager, and other built-in utilities
About the Author
April Wells (Amarillo, TX) has a BS degree from University of Pittsburgh's School of Information Sciences and an MBA from West Texas A&M. She is a database administrator with over seven years IT experience to her credit. April's current and projected publications include Oracle 11i E-Business Suite From the Front Lines (CRC Press), Grid Database Design (CRC Press), and Oracle9i OCP Fundamentals I Exam Cram 2 (Que).
William E. Thater (North Syracuse, NY) is a Senior Oracle DBA and has been an Oracle developer and DBA for the past 19 years, starting his career with version 5.3. William has presented his white papers at RMOUG and has been a significant contributor to both Oracle 9i DBA 101 (Oracle Press) and Oracle Security Handbook (Oracle Press).