- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Everyday Life: Theories and Practices from Surrealism to the Present Paperback – 31 Aug 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
...embraces cultural as well as literary studies and consistently elucidates the complex formal and theoretical mutations that the concept of everyday life has undergone during the previous century. (Forum For Modern Language Studies)
...immensely rich, diverse, and scholarly discussion, the first comprehensive investigation of a concept and practice central to contemporary French culture. (Elza Adamowicz, Modern Language Review)
treats complex material with admirable clarity... evokes a quotidien that is dynamic, creative and mobile... the book pieces itself together, as it were, from the inside, by increments of arguments and insight, never sweeping in judgement and never mandarin in style. (Patrick McGuinness, Times Literary Supplement)
About the Author
Michael Sheringham is Marshal Foch Professor of French Literature at the University of Oxford. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Landscape
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Languages > By Language > French
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Science & Nature
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning