Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 August 2017
Lots of recipes, possibly too many. The mezze section is good but I found the main meals a little uninspiring. Quite a few of them seemed to be over cooking the ingredients, especially vegetables which might well be authentic but seems a little old fashioned to me. Pictures aren't that great quality either. I returned this book.
on 24 March 2017
I love this book .. Many beautiful recipes .. I really recommend this book .. :D
on 29 July 2017
It is mix of Indian and Greek homecooking food... Very useful cook book !
on 15 May 2017
Pictures are not particularly good quality. But lots of nice recipes
on 26 April 2017
Was a gift, seemed happy
on 3 September 2017
just exciting food
on 28 March 2013
I really enjoy Lebanese food but I assumed it would be time consuming and really difficult- but with this inspiring book I really felt like I wanted to get cooking straight away and have made a few of the dishes; Chicken with Rice and Nuts and Lamb and Aubergine bake are two family favourites. There is a picture for every dish which I think is important and the recipes are written out very clearly. Fantastic book, would recommend to all!
on 6 February 2013
A pleasing sized book, attractive to look at and easy to read.
The pages are well set out with a short description of the dish, the ingredients listed on one side with a clearly written recipe.
Each recipe has a full colour photo showing how the dish should look, which is helpful when the dish is new to you. . .they look really appetising too!
I received my copy two days ago and have already cooked some of the dishes, which were delicious. The Falafel were enjoyed by guests, and the Karnabeet Ma Tahini made an interesting change as a cauliflower dish. Batata be Flefleh next!
A good buy if you want to give your friends something different to eat.
on 21 January 2014
bought this for my lebanese husband for christmas ... we have tried almost every recipe in the book and haven't had a disappointing meal yet! all very easy to follow and great pictures - it says everyday lebanese cooking on the front, well, the meals are exactly what my lebanese mother-in-law cooks on a daily basis ... needless to say my husband is in food heaven now ! buy it! we are thinking to get another copy already so we can have one each.
on 14 May 2013
This is an excellent cookery book as it makes light work of making Lebanese food every day. The recipes are authentic and easy to prepare. This book is set out in a very simple way, showing clear photographs of the finished dish. The recipes are written with bullet points and it's easy to read each step clearly and see where you are in the recipe. I've many other Middle-Eastern cookery books with wonderful recipes, but they're not all as clearly set out as in Mona's book.
The Baba Ganouj was smoky and delicious, the Makhloota recipe is the best one I've tried for a rich thick bean soup which is lovely on a cold winter's day, and the Djaj be Hamoud takes a few simple ingredients- chicken, potatoes and lemons and turns them into a dish fit for a party. There's a good selection of vegetable and salad dishes too. My family enjoyed the fresh flavours of Mona's Fattoush, where crispy bread meets fresh salad and sharp pomegranate seeds. This little book is full of the secrets of Lebanese homemade food, not to mention interesting dessert recipes like my favourite Nammoura that aren't too complicated, and most of the ingredients are easy to track down.
When I first saw this cookery book, I thought : "Not another Lebanese cookery book?" I'm delighted with Everyday Lebanese Cooking and rank it among my favourite cookery books. Five Stars.
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse