- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; New Ed edition (27 Mar. 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198299869
- ISBN-13: 978-0198299868
- Product Dimensions: 14.7 x 1.5 x 22.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,312,891 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Evaluation in Text: Authorial Stance and the Construction of Discourse (Oxford Linguistics) Paperback – 27 Mar 1997
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
... the volume has an overall coherence as well as an accessible structure ... a valuable resource. (Discourse Studies)
... a necessary addition to any research library in which functional linguistics, genre studies, corpus linguistics and narratology already take up a greater proportion of the shelf space. (Discourse Studies)
About the Author
Susan Hunston is a senior lecturer in Applied Linguistics at the University of Birmingham and author of numerous articles on Evaluation and on Corpus Grammar. She has taught EFL/ESL in the Philippines and in Britain, and has taught Applied Linguistics at the National University of Singapore (1983-90). She has also worked as a grammarian at Cobuild (1993-5). Geoff Thompson is a lecturer in the Department of English Language and Literature, University of Liverpool. He has previously taught English as a Foreign Language, Language Teaching Methodology, and Applied Linguistics at schools and universities in Germany, Algeria, Bulgaria, Turkey, Romania, Hungary, Saudi Arabia, and China.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Semantics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Sociolinguistics