The Ethics of the New Eugenics Hardcover – 20 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Clearly written and highly informative about international and nations laws, as well as about past, current, and possible future eugenic practices and arguments for and against the same, this volume makes for valuable reading not only for students of medical ethics but can be recommended to anyone wanting to learn more about arguments for and against current and possible future reproductive selection procedures." . Ethics & Medicine
"The book is clearly written, easy to follow, well-structured, and well-researched. A lay audience will easily access and understand the debate and realize what is at stake with the new eugenics. Medical procedures and technical concepts are well explained... [Its] importance and relevance cannot be overstated...a must-read in our day and age, especially when biotechnology and the new eugenics can be a threat to all of humanity." . Johann A. R. Roduit, Institute of Biomedical Ethics, University of Zurich"
About the Author
Calum MacKellar is Director of Research of the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, Edinburgh, and Visiting Professor of Bioethics at St Mary's University College, London, UK. Christopher Bechtel holds a degree in philosophy and is a Research Fellow with the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, Edinburgh, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Health & Welfare
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Medical Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences