Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 May 2017
Really loved this but the tracks sound too similar. Still enjoyable though.
on 5 November 2014
Fab music to drive to, thank you.
on 3 March 2010
I bought this cd some years ago as I have always enjoyed and admired the mystical and ancient music in Egypt and the surrounding area`s. This album is wonderful, a real tantalizing mixture of authentic egyptian instruments mixed well with more up to date instruments.

This great album evokes visions of the ancient lands along with a mystical and often haunting sound that reminded me of times long gone by.

Personally my favourite track is the cobra`s dance with it`s up beat mixture of drums and Egyptian accordian.

I feel this captures the heart and mystery of Egypt very well considering there have been many egyptian cds out since. Highly recommended for anyone trying to recreate the egyptian experience in the comfort of there own home! This will transport you back to the ancient mysterious land of Egypt without having to by a plane ticket - Well worth the money!
on 15 February 2012
I have quite a large collection of world music, I usually listen to Indian, African, Chinese and Japanese music, but someone gave me a New World Music sample disk (about 8 years ago) and the track Isis Unveiled was on there; I really loved it so I spent months trying to track down the album on CD, but could not find it anywhere, eventually giving up.

Fast forward 6 years, I was browsing Amazon's MP3 download listings, trying to find something "a bit different" to listen to, something with a bit more "umph" than my usual world music collection has, and that's when I stumbled across this album.... I instantly downloaded it and started playing it.

My favourite track is still Isis Unveiled, but the entire album just takes me away to the land of the pharaohs, pyramids and sand. If you like Egyptian style music then I think you will enjoy this album.
on 2 February 2015
This was a second hand CD but is playing well. Glad I could get it as it was hard to find as new.
Very relaxing music!
on 10 January 2013
such a relaxing piece of music and it is also very authentic I listen to it on evenings and it helps me destress
on 29 December 2016
Brilliant music that is ideal for rituals and initiations linked to ancient Egypt.
on 15 November 2014