Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

'Estimated delivery date... 30th November!'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Nov 2013, 23:50:15 GMT
Can anyone tell me if I'm on my own with this? I have upgraded to the gamer pack and the dispatch date is 28th November with a delivery date of the 30th... That's no good to me, receiving the console a day after release date! I have contacted customer services but for the first time (thankfully) the customer service person was completely useless and didn't tell me anything useful.. (I've selected First class BTW)

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 00:03:59 GMT
Is a day after release that bad? I'd say it's pretty good.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 00:22:01 GMT
IK says:
Since your inpatient I hope they send it to you next year

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 00:43:07 GMT
If the dispatch date is the 28th and they are sending it First Class you should get it on the 29th November (release day). I wouldn't worry. Remember that's an estimated delivery date.

I ordered a book the other day via amazon and the estimation date was 30th October, I received the book on the 26th October and it was despatched on the 25th October (Using standard delivery).

Plus judging by Amazon recent track record. They shipped out GTA5 a couple of days before it was due for release.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 01:17:15 GMT
M. Smith says:
Deal. With. It.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 08:01:04 GMT
change your delivery method too expedited, in your orders, and it will change back to the 29th

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 08:42:40 GMT
Jamie smith says:
Ye if you choose expidited it will go back. what this guy said.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 09:38:55 GMT
mike86 says:
First class isn't next day delivery. If you want on 29th you need to pay extra like all of us did. I paid extra £5 to get it on 29th.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 10:33:06 GMT
First, learn to spell, then have more confidence in your useless addition to the thread.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 10:34:15 GMT
R. French says:
Wouldn't it be dangerous to change delivery type. When I asked cs about it they said it would be a change of order and would put you back in the queue.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 10:34:30 GMT
Cheers for the useful comments, I'll change to expedited.

For those with nothing better to say, it's time to troll elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 10:35:22 GMT
Oh really? Hmm, maybe I'll try CS again. Thanks R. French.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 10:43:44 GMT
Also, I paid for day one delivery initially for those who think I'm being tight! Amazon emailed me a couple of months ago though to say that because it is an eligible pre-order they have changed it to first class for free, still ensuring day one delivery.

Here's a direct quote
'Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select First Class at checkout for FREE Release Day Delivery'

Hope this helps

G

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 11:55:34 GMT
bruss says:
Mine also says delivery estimate 30th but don't want to make any changes incase it messes up I will just take it a day late.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 13:32:02 GMT
Jamie smith says:
I changed mine but ye speak to cs first don't want to be responsible for it not arriving on release as amazon are being a bit iffy with changing orders ATM. But good luck and if not remember one day is better than 2 months as some people have had there order changed to because amazon tried to take payment by accident. By the way if all else fails ask Joe he'll sort it.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 13:33:04 GMT
Changing to expedited changes nothing, in terms of your place in the Que.. This all that cs do when u speak to them on chat

So just change it yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 14:46:47 GMT
R. French says:
Yourlegaldealer, If you do change your delivery method, let us know if it does affect your delivery date. Im to scared to try after what cs told me.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 14:56:53 GMT
I emailed them this morning so I'll let you know what the outcome is... :)

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 16:55:03 GMT
@r.french

why wait until yourlegaldealer trys, when you have already been told by people who have done it. and have told you it wont mess up your delivery

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 17:25:41 GMT
R. French says:
The more people that say its ok the better. Don't forget I don't know you from adam. You could just be a xbox fanboy just hoping to mess up a ps4 order through all I know (although I know you probably are not). All I know for certain was that cs told me it could be considered as an order change and put the delivery back further. I hope you understand. My delivery date is dec 2-4 on free super saver delivery, so its only a few extra days, but the thought of it being put back to god knows when scares me.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 18:09:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Nov 2013, 18:12:46 GMT
if you want confirmation

read all 760 reples on the "important information about playstation 4 bundle" thread. or save yourself the bother and just change your delivery to expedited.

its the first time I have ever been suspected of being an xbox fanboy. while typing this on sony laptop, while looking at my 2 ps3's sitting under my sony 3d tv, just above my sony surround system. and just 2 minutes ago I almost tripped over my vita cable that is charging via the ps3. so no, I would say the opposite of xbox fanboy

lol

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 18:36:06 GMT
IK says:
Who gave birth to that

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 19:15:11 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Nov 2013, 19:15:43 GMT
R. French says:
Sorry Dave Findlay. Ive now read various posts on different topics by you and in no way can i say you are a xbox fanboy. I never meant to accuse you of that. It was just that Ivw seen so many people giving false info on these forums it has become difficult to recognise the 'dodgy' ones.
Anyway, I have now done what you suggested and my order has been delayed to January next year........... only joking, I now have the launch date. Sorry for any offence, and thanks for your help.
Just a note, I was a xbox fanboy until recently as I am a 360 player, but am changing to the playstation.

Posted on 3 Nov 2013, 19:19:57 GMT
Can anyone help me... I ordered a console 2nd October, how likely is it that I will get the delivery before Christmas?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2013, 19:22:58 GMT
Amazon have been 'guaranteeing' delivery for Christmas for those who ordered after August 6th so you should be fine :)

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  2 Nov 2013
Latest post:  3 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about