Essentials of Corporate Financial Management Paperback – 16 Nov 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Some chapters are truly excellent - the value management chapter being a case in point... The author is clearly someone who cares passionately about the subject matter and who has a tremendous command over it.
Heather Tarbert, Senior Lecturer, Accounting and Finance Subject Group, Caledonian Business School, Glasgow Caledonian, UK
The key strengths of this book are its style, the intuitive explanations and it readiness to approach controversial topics.
Poul Wolffsen, Lecturer, Roskilde University, Denmark
A particular strength of the book are the case studies taken from the world of finance/business in order to expound the variety of concepts and theories in finance.
Dr Kadom Shubber, Senior Lecturer and Module Leader of Modern Finance, Westminster Business School, University of Westminster, UK
Essentials of Corporate Financial Management supports courses designed to cover the core topics of finance in 15 to 30 hours of lectures. The book is primarily aimed at undergraduate students studying finance as part of a business related degree, MBA students and others studying finance at business schools. It also provides the foundation elements needed by students going on to study more advanced finance.
The step-by-step learning approach enables students to achieve a high level of financial knowledge without assuming a prior knowledge of finance. Selected core topics and key concepts are delivered with depth, allowing students to gain an understanding of the topical debates within this field, where disagreement or alternative perspectives lead to lively discussion.
· An accessible approach with all mathematical concepts introduced in an easy-to-follow style.
· Comprehensive coverage of the key elements of practical financial decision making.
· Financial Times articles used throughout to highlight the subjects real-world relevance, illustrate the significance of the core material and equip students to understand the financial press.
· Up-to-date case studies feature leading UK and European companies coping with financial issues.
· Value-based management is explained and put in context.
· Each chapter contains learning objectives, chapter outlines, case studies, self-review questions, quick mathematical questions and more detailed Q&As.
· An extensive and comprehensive glossary of key financial terms.
A downloadable web supplement is available for lecturers and students at www.pearsoned.co.uk/arnold.
Glen Arnold is Professor of Finance at Salford University, Manchester, UK and Director of the Centre for Economics and Finance Research. He is author of Corporate Financial Management, one of the leading corporate finance textbooks.