Essential Renderman, Second Edition Paperback – 26 Jun 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews of the second edition:
"RenderMan is a rendering application programming interface (API) associated with film production, an essential tool for creating many of the effects and images in recent animated films. This book is a self-paced tutorial that facilitates the understanding of many of the features of RenderMan. … The book has three parts: overview, geometry, and shading. … Overall, I found the book interesting, helpful, and a good introduction to the subject … ." (Howard Whitston, ACM Computing Reviews, Vol. 49 (12), December, 2008)
From the Back Cover
RenderMan has long been associated with top-end film production and is an essential tool for creating many of the effects and images in recent animated films (such as Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo and The Incredibles). RenderMan is widely available and, with the demand for higher quality images, is now used by computer-based artists at all levels of the graphics industry.
Intended to provide a straightforward and easy introduction to the basic techniques involved, this book provides an excellent grounding, enabling readers to confidently move to more advanced texts. This second edition includes a new chapter on global illumination, and, with plenty of illustrations and hands-on examples, Ian Stephenson:
• gives an overview of RenderMan
• explains how scenes are described
• illustrates (among other things) how to create surfaces; colour; lighting; shadows; and depth of field, using RIB and the C API
• introduces the techniques involved in creating shaders, applying textures and using global illumination
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation