- Paperback: 736 pages
- Publisher: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; 3 edition (17 April 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273713248
- ISBN-13: 978-0273713241
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.5 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 382,222 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis Paperback – 17 Apr 2008
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis, third edition
The market leading European text, Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis, third Edition, continues to provide an invaluable introduction to the mathematical tools that undergraduate economists need
New to this edition:
· New: Economic concepts, definitions and topics covered in the book are listed on the inside front cover.
· New: Short answers to almost all of the more than 1000 problems in the book for students to self check.
· New Students Manual with extended worked answers to selected problems in the book.
- New sections on elementary differential equations and difference equations included in this volume for the first time.
· New and improved figures in colour for the first time.
- New Instructors Manual now contains a large range of additional supplementary problems, simple to advanced, suitable for use in examinations.
Knut Sydsæter is an Emeritus Professor of Mathematics in the Economics Department at the University of Oslo, where, since 1965, he has had extensive experience in teaching mathematics for economists. He has also given graduate courses in dynamic optimization at Berkeley and Gothenborg. He has written and co-authored a number of books, of which several have been translated into many languages. In recent years he has been engaged in an attempt to improve the teaching of mathematics for economists in several African universities.
PeterHammond is currently the Marie Curie Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick, where he moved in 2007 after becoming an Emeritus Professor at Stanford University. During the 1970s he was a Lecturer, then Professor in Economics at the University of Essex. He completed a BA in Mathematics and a PhD in Economics at the University of Cambridge. He has been an editor of the Review of Economic Studies, of the Econometric Society Monograph Series, and has served on the editorial boards of Social Choice and Welfare and the Journal of Public Economic Theory. He has published more than 100 academic papers in journals and books, mostly on economic theory and mathematical economics.
Further Mathematics for Economic Analysis published in a new 2ND EDITION
by Sydsæter, Hammond, Seierstad and Strøm (ISBN 9780273713289)
Further Mathematics for Economic Analysis is a companion volume to Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis intended for advanced undergraduate and graduate economics students whose requirements go beyond the material found in this text.
Do you require just a couple of additional further topics? See the front of this text for information on our Custom Publishing Programme.
'The book is by far the best choice one can make for a course on mathematics for economists. It is exemplary in finding the right balance between mathematics and economic examples.'
Dr. Roelof J. Stroeker, Erasmus University, Rotterdam.
I have long been a fan of these books, most books on Maths for Economists are either mathematically unsound or very boring or both! Sydsaeter & Hammond certainly do not fall into either of these categories.
Ann Round, University of Warwick
Visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/sydsaeter to access the companion website for this text including:
Student Manual with extended answers broken down step by step to selected problems in the text.
- Excel supplement
- Multiple choice questions for each chapter to self check your learning and receive automatic feedback.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For £15 I got a copy of this book. It said used, and it can clearly be seen that it was used, but every page is there, nothing seems damaged, and this will surely help me in my... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
The worst course book ever made! I have never use anything worse!
This book is just a collection of useless sheets of paper!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics