Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 7 February 2014
Although i did not purchase this book from amazon but from the authors web page that led to the publishers order site I feel that i should comment on this book. This is an HCA's Bible, it covers all areas of the role and a bit more, it is well written and concise but packed full of useful things. I showed this book to our practice nurse who was also impressed and thinks would be a good book for any surgery to have, It is written in a language everyone can understand with useful little quizzes to try and examples that everyone can relate to.
I highly recommend this book a definate must have BIBLE.
on 10 February 2014
This is a great new book for healthcare assistants - especially but not exclusively for those working in general practice. All the essential clinical skills are in here and the associated theory, rationale and protocols too. The sections on 'useful stuff' and the 'basic ingredients' are factual, up to date and usefully outline reflective practice, accountability, delegation, confidentiality, consent and record keeping. This book will be useful to those new to the role but also for those who have been in the role for a while as an additional resource to complement formal or on the job training. I would encourage all general practices where HCAs are employed to get a copy of this for their libraries - GPs, practice nurses and practice managers might even dip into this especially the accountability and delegation section and case studies.
on 9 February 2015
Bought this as a leaving present for a care assistant who worked with me. As I have never seen her since I can only hope she is finding it useful !!! I think it is very good. Not everything will be done by all HCAs but I love the way it EXPLAINS why things are done and HOW the body works. I feel this is a damn good handbook. (I also liked the fact that the author emphasised the accountability of the registered nurse !)
on 20 September 2014
A must have book in a GP practice. This is a well written book/bible for HCSW (health care support workers) and easy to read. I've been a HCSW for 18 years and have read many books, to further my knowledge and skills which have advanced quickly over the last 10+ years . This book outlines the care assistant role within a general practice. With up to date information and relevant topics.
on 6 October 2015
We have all ordered one of these books within our surgery, two of us being trained nurses, but still find the book an excellent refresher for all aspects of the job both experienced and novice nursing staff do an a daily basis.
This book is an invaluable tool for any gp surgery I would suggest.
Highly recommended.
on 16 April 2016
Fantastic book , i chose it to help me with my clinical skills diploma work. Excellent source of information
on 16 June 2015
I have been a Health Care Assistant in a GP practise for 11 years, This book is a must for any Health Care proffessional or even Student Nurse. Clearly written for a better understanding of the care that you provide no matter where you work.
on 23 January 2015
Brilliant book to boost my career change from civil servant to nurse!
on 18 May 2016
I haven't started reading this book yet but have read the back and had a quick look through the book and it seems full of very useful and important information for anyone that is training or is interested in being a Healthcare Assistant like myself. I bought the product to help towards my voluntary work in a care home so will be reading in my spare time!
on 23 August 2015