Essential Gimp for Web Professionals (Prentice Hall Essential Web Professionals) Paperback – 25 Apr 2001
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
This concise, example-rich guide shows Web professionals exactly how to create high-quality graphics with the GIMP, the free open source alternative to Photoshop(r). It delivers no-nonsense, practical coverage based on real-world projects you can see and download from a live Web site! Master layers, selections and masks, text, color management, drawing, painting, image maps, animation, working from scans, using effects and rendering filters ― even scripting!
Use The GIMP to create all these Web graphics, and more!
- Text elements
- Background textures
- Buttons and other navigation tools
- Image galleries
- Drawings, paintings, and more
Look to Essential Books for ALL the Web Skills You Need!All these books share the same great format, and the same dynamic Web site... so once you've used one, learning from the others is a piece of cake!
- Essential CSS and DHTML for Web Programmers
- Essential GIMP for Web Professionals
- Essential Flash 5 for Web Professionals
- Essential PERL for Web Programmers
- Essential Photoshop for Web Designers
- Essential PHP for Web Professionals
- Essential Design for Web Professionals
- Essential ASP for Web Professionals
- With more to come, including Cold Fusion 4.5, JSP, and WAP
About the Author
MICHAEL J. HAMMEL is a freelance writer and software developer focused on graphics-related issues in Linux and UNIX environments. Hammel's articles have appeared in Linux magazine and Linux Answers. His book The Artist's Guide to the GIMP (SSC), was the first published text on the GIMP. His Web site, www.graphics-muse.com, is an essential resource for anyone working with Linux graphics tools.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design