Customer reviews

Excellent
on 24 April 2016
Value for money.
on 26 September 2009
This was part of my reading list for University and i can see why the tutors asked us to buy it. It is clean cut, easy to understand, doesn't confuse and has some brilliant diagrams which help you to understand what is being written. The media disk is helpful too and the images will be great for assignments too because they will be easy to reference.

A must if you are a biology student, whether you are doing biology or human biology, it has everything you need, there will be no need to buy any other book.
on 10 December 2015
I have been using this book for biochemistry in my degree. I use it in conjunction with lecture notes which guide me on the topics I should cover however this textbook is my saving grace.

I didn't study chemistry a-level and I find it accessible. The diagrams are fantastic (often the same as in Albert's Cell Biology) and the explanations are brilliant. The experimental proof at the end of chapter's is brilliant for extra reading and getting understanding both for essays and for practicals to gain understanding.

I also have Albert's Cell Biology however I haven't yet encountered a topic in my undergraduate degree which isn't covered by this textbook and I find it so easy to understand but also conclusive it's the only textbook I ever use!

Definitely worth the money for a fantastic quality book.
on 5 March 2014
Excellent presentation on my PC Kindle application. This is a very complex publication, that has been rendered efficiently by this application. The content covers the subject mater fully, which assists with comprehension and retention of the script and illustrations.
on 16 March 2014
Nearly as good as the 'big Alberts' but not quite - it has half the number of pages, what did I expect? It is a useful textbook that fills in some gaps you might perceive in your course material.
on 13 July 2012
I was bought this textbook for additional support for a cell biology and biochemistry module I completed in my 1st year of Biomedical Sciences - I found it very useful for the information that was relevant to the module however there were chapters that I did not need to use and instead read for interest. The layout of the textbook is very user friendly and has plenty of diagrams, micrographs and coloured summary pages so if you're a visual person like myself I'd definitely recommend getting it. The CD included included I found very useful for revision. One negative point I will mention is that there are quite a few American terms which I wouldn't personally apply to the context they regard and there is also a mistake I've noticed on the page sumarising protein seperation techniques but that's probably me being my picky self!
on 16 December 2013
Great book, good condition. I imagine if you're buying this it's a recommended text for your uni course. The only downside to the book is that there is an abundance of text that is paragraphed in chunks and not always straight to the point. It was also my most expensive book and had the least pages..
on 19 May 2011
Bought this book for my cell biology related courses in my first year of Biomedical Sciences - has proved completely invaluable!! Provides a great basic level of understanding for most concepts, will hang on to it for a long while yet I think.