Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£8.03

on 2 August 2017
Informative and very well written
on 15 February 2017
The book contain the history and good details. Fast delivery.
on 6 December 2012
It gives some nice points about escrima, it's story, some applications. Obviously only a practising martial artist is going to actually get something out of it.
on 20 July 2017
Very clear helpful and practical no nonsense instructions
on 28 April 2011
Books will never teach you a martial art easily, you still have to work for it but this was brillantly setup with easy to understand writing but more importantly (seen many martial art books that just have text upon text but dont have enough pictures) the picture usage is spot on.
on 9 September 2010
The beauty of the book is it teaches very practical techniques with their underlying concepts, so it's not necessary to memorise hundreds of variations. I would say "It reaches the parts that other eskrima books do not reach" in the chapters on projectiles, sibat, flexible weapons together with an in-depth study of knife defence and likely attacks. The comprehensive treatment surpasses anything else I have read on the subject of weaponry and self-defence. Destined to become a classic text.
on 19 May 2013
I am absolutely delighted to write a review of this book. Over the years I have read many articles by Mr Godhania and they have always been very informative and filled with "nuggets of gold". This book exceeded my expectations completely. As a novice I found the technical explanations, pictures, and illustrations easy to understand. For example, I had been struggling with Florete, however, upon reading the section on the Amaras, and studying the technical diagram carefully, I saw an immediate improvement, which imbued me with renewed enthusiasm.

For a book that is 176 pages in length, I found it to be an encyclopedia of knowledge and for me a valuable resource tool. It provides an excellent insight into areas such as the history and evolution of Eskrima, principles and concepts, single and double stick, knife defence, and empty hands to name just some of the areas dealt with. Mr Godhania explains things in a manner which I feel will appeal to novices, intermediates, and advanced practitioners alike. This book is definitely a testament to his many many years of practical and theoretical knowledge on the subject.

My eyes lit up from the first moment I opened the book and have remained so every time since, and I always learn something new from Mr Godhania's explanations, especially on the finer points.

This book is one of my all time favourite martial arts books and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who wishes to gain or update their knowledge of Eskrima. As the saying goes "the more we learn, the more we realise the less we know".
on 18 December 2012
A well put together book to help those interested get started. Gives good detailed instruction on the basics of eskrima. Im glad I bought it as I am now able to explore the subject with a more enquiring mind.
on 16 February 2012
this book is a very useful if you are planning to study or enhance your skills in the martial art ka-li including the sections of all different weapon work. I was looking for something quite easy to understand and this book is it, i am very pleased with my purchase.
on 10 August 2016
This guy trained my eldest brother so I couldn't resist buying this great book (albeit a few years back now).

Krishna is truly a legend amongst us. Trained by the great Abner Pasa and demonstrates such precision, this guy is by far one of the greatest hand to hand combat trainers around, buy the book!