- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Escaping from the Kaiser: The Dramatic Experiences of a Tommy Pow Hardcover – 30 Aug 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Born in 1893 Herbert Tustin joined the Durham Light Infantry in 1912. After his successful escape he was commissioned and sent to South Africa. He became a teacher. He died in 1939 of cancer. Richard Corr is the Author's grandson. He lives on the Isle of Dogs.
Top Customer Reviews
The descriptions of the prison camp was very interesting - all of the different nationalities represented, their different cultural influences on the camp, and their efforts to communicate with each other, and the very different experiences of the prisoners depending on what jobs and tasks they had, etc.
The escape through the German countryside itself was incredible. I knew that they had slept during the day and travelled at night, so I figured that the escape part must be pretty uneventful. Boy was I wrong! There are so many close calls and tense moments that I had goosebumps and a racing heart a few times even though I knew the outcome.
The entire time I was reading this book I was thinking - this should be a movie!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Canada
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Germany
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War I
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > History > Military History > Military Life & Institutions
- Books > History > Military History > World War I