on 26 September 2016
Previously I had Daddario EJ15's on my guitar. I play a mix of acoustic and blues type lead. As soon as I had these tuned up, I immediately regretted putting them on. I played a couple of chords and it sounded like a whole chunk of tone was missing, a bit like trying to listen to Drum n Bass through pocket speakers.
Then I played a few lines of lead, and damn they are good. Feels like playing an electric. Playing notes around 12 fret upwards on the high E string produces a great tone, a lot warmer (if not quieter) than the other strings. They are super easy to bend and the sound and feel of individual strings is great.

Chords still sound awefull though! But since these are blues string designed to be thin for the style of play, you kinda would expect that.

My advice is buy these if you play a lot more lead/blues style. If you play a lot of chords, these just won't do unless you have a second acoustic you can keep these on.

Over all, the definitely do the job they are designed for.
on 31 August 2017
Im shocked how bad these strings are, I use to use slinky strings at college and they were always seen as the best the go to strings.

I will have to go back to another brand, I put these on and the thickest E and then G were buzzing like mad. I wasnt happy at all. Id never buy these again. I bought really cheap strings prior as a mess around and they are better than these! the thickest E buzzes its been re strung into place several times and im sad to say they just dont hold tune great on my dreadnought and as they are for rock and blues they should fit fine on my guitar as its western design.

im back to my original strings as these arent cheap really.
on 5 January 2017
As someone that prefers playing electric guitar and dislikes the limitations of an acoustic guitar, the Rock and Blues strings are a nice compromise. The high strings are very light for extremely easy to bend and the bass strings are Medium/Heavy for meaty power chords. I'd go as far to say that bending with these strings is as easy as it is on a strat, which is is saying something. The only downside is that chords don't have that sparkle and twang which you'd normally associate with an acoustic so if you're into playing traditional acoustic guitar songs then avoid these at all cost. They also have less volume and sound noticeably thinner overall.

In summary, if you're into soloing or playing licks and want to practice on your acoustic as opposed to your electric, give these a whirl, they're extremely nice to play. If, however, you prefer the traditional sound of an acoustic and play a lot of chords then you might want to consider the light or medium gauges, or higher. I'll get the extra light/light strings next time and see which one fits the perfect middle ground. Hope this helps with making your decision.
on 4 January 2017
Great sound from these and easy on the fingers. I couldn't believe the difference in the sound of my Tanglewood semi-acoustic when I stringed it with these. They really helped make the most of my guitar.
on 2 January 2013
I've used sets of these strings on several acoustic guitars and I love them.
The unwound/plain-wire 'G' string just seems to work better for the blues/rock that I play, and unlike the traditional wound 'G' string used in most sets of acoustic strings it doesn't break after repeated string-bending.
They also make it easier to make the transition from electric to acoustic guitars since they have the same balance of wound-to-unwound strings, and thus feel the same when played.
Some people seem to have tuning issues with the unwound 'G' string. I've never encountered this, however on some really cheap guitars with bad intonation (i.e. ones that go noticeably out of tune as you move up the neck), the unwound 'G' does seem to suffer more than a wound 'G', which can make it sound more out of tune than other strings high-up on the neck.
on 11 April 2014
Upon putting these strings on my acoustic, my immediate impression was that it was as if I was playing an acoustic with the feel of an electric. The feel of the strings is similar to the Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 10-46 electric gauge with bending just as easy. A really enjoyable playing experience.

Some might however dislike the effect these strings have on the sound, which in my case is akin to a Telecaster. For blues or country playing the sound is much to my liking. For a more conventional folk sound I will string my second acoustic with the regular Earthwood set.
on 20 August 2016
these strings were recomended as the g string isnt wound and they are the equivelelant strings to electric for acoustics. yhis allows for me and easy lead playing on an acoustic

good long lastin tone too
on 20 February 2016
I absolutely love these strings they have a lovely sound. The highs are crisp and the lows have a nice bass tone. They strings are really nice on your fingers and are easy to play and it turned my old £50 laminate acoustics sound into that of a £250+ solid wood acoustic. I definately recommend these strings for beginners and pros who are looking for some amazing strings!!
on 30 August 2017
Ernie Ball makes pretty damn fine strings, I got these to make the sound of my Fender acoustic more "twangy" and it worked!
on 11 August 2016
Bought September last year. STILL using them to record. They've maintained their original bright tone. I regularly use string cleaner - but still find these strings to be excellent value and high quality.