Customer reviews

Size: 1 Pack|Colour: Light, 11-52|Change

on 29 April 2017
Bought these to replace the strings on my acoustic that I was thinking of trading in, they have brought new life and really improved the sound to the point that I will no longer be replacing my guitar. Used it more since getting these strings that it has for the last few years. Definitely money well spent. Can't beat Ernie Ball strings in my opinion.
This review is of Ernie Ball’s extra-light ‘Earthwood’ 80/20 set of six strings for an acoustic guitar. The gauges are: 10, 14, 20, 28, 40, 50; the G (gauge 20) is braided bronze like the D, A & bottom E.

I use these strings on two guitars: a 1984 Yamaha Jumbo 6-string and a 2006 Ovation Applause Elite, which is the instrument I play most of the time.

These strings have a crisp, bright sound especially for the first few weeks, after which they settle down and sound ‘warmer’. I find the 10-gauge for top-E and 14-gauge for the B to be near-ideal for playability, and with the four bronze strings they deliver a rich, fulsome chord sound.

The sealed packaging is a great idea and ensures you don’t need to worry about corrosion during storage if you’re in a damp climate. At this price, these strings are a steal.
on 5 March 2017
ive used elixer all my life but these are just as good and half the price, buy if you want a cheaper option but dont wanna fork out the dough.
on 20 September 2014
Excellent strings! They sound incredible, very bright and pretty easy to play. I probably should've got the gauge up from these as I prefer a thicker string (I play the Power Slinky (11-48) electric set from Ernie Ball), but that's just a personal thing and should NOT be taken as a negative!

The delivery was prompt, arriving a day or 2 after I ordered them, and the packaging was just a standard card Amazon envelope which those who have purchased something of a similar size from Amazon before would be familiar with.

I strongly recommend these to any acoustic player, especially if you're going to be playing some acoustic lead stuff.
on 27 June 2013
I have only recently bought a guitar and within a week I had broken the High E string trying to tune the guitar back into E from drop C which meant I needed to purchase some new strings. I asked my friend what he recommended and he directed me here to these Ernie Ball Earthwood strings, and I must say I am impressed.

I thought they'd be more expensive, but they are of fantastic strength and quality for the price.

I bought the strings in the light gauges as I am a new player and my fingers aren't quite up to playing on medium gauge yet but even with the thinner strings, the tone is simply amazing, the sound from every string is amazing. I really like this brand of strings and I will continue to replace my strings with these.
on 26 February 2017
I'm a little disappointed in these strings. They don't sound as good as the strings I replaced. I'm probably going to buy another set and replace them, but I suppose they're good for the price
on 19 August 2017
quality product strings play really well once stretched out feel good & quality service from order to delivery very fast & efficient
on 17 January 2014
I love Earnie Ball strings and have been buying them since I was 8 years old, I am now 24 and really dissapointed. The strings havent lasted very long at all, they sound wooden very quicly after restringing the guitar. Really unfortunate.
Also it didn't sound as good as it normally does after the strings were chsanged. Massive shame.
on 15 June 2016
My strings broke and I did not know what brand to get, as it was my first time buying strings. I must say I was really satisfied with the quality, feel and price of the strings.
on 25 February 2017
Brilliant guitar strings. Very clear when finger picked and can hold their own when it comes to playing with power. You can't go wrong with ernie ball.m