on 4 December 2014
Wish I'd found this book years ago, everything all in one place for training ideas (ridden and ground) and perfect cut out cards to take up yard. Well worth the price, and different routine schedules at the back - like having PT for horses :)
on 21 August 2017
Brilliant - fantastic advice on how to keep your horse fit and supple. I love the pull out cards which can be taken out on to the yard! Best book I've read around this subject.
on 23 March 2017
Marvelous book. Now that my arena is finished and better weather is on its way I can't wait to get started on these with my horses
on 29 September 2014
An excellent book. In particular, the introductory section explains the principles of biomechanics and the need to regard a horse as a "whole system", rather than focussing on isolated parts of its physiology, if one is to approach fitness and conditioning in the right way. Most importantly, it cautions against assuming that because the horse looks fitter/stronger that its condition is as good as one thinks because sustainable, effective conditioning takes a long time. Very well written and well illustrated.
It provides both guidance and clear strategies for conditioning your equine, however old and whatever discipline/activity you engage in. Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2013
This is a superb book & helped me to understand why some things were happening with my horse ! The author's style is flowing - much like a friend chatting to you - and the information is easy to understand. I found myself having many "lightbulb" moments ! Wonderful section on stretching & bodywork with clear illustrations. Great inhand & ridden exercises too. And there's handy tear out cards at the back of the book as a quick memory aid at the yard or when riding. I can't recomend this book highly enough.
on 7 August 2013
This book has been a god send to myself and my beautiful welsh section D who unfortunately has developed stiffle probems. I also have an older fell pony and he also is going to benefit with all the suggestions and excercises for the more senior members. A brilliant book and a life saver!!!!!!!!!
on 26 May 2011
This book is well laid out and has some great excercises for getting your horse fit and streching excersies, with great illustrations.

I would definately recommend this book for learning to development of stong muscles to prevent injury.
on 31 October 2015
Really comprehensive book, it has made me much more considerate to my horses training and recovery patterns. It has increased my confidence in doing stretches and manipulation of muscle groups. The pull out cards are fantastic also!
on 28 January 2014
Nice, structured programme that is simple to follow. I am finding it easy to use though I'm not sure my horse appreciates it!
on 2 October 2016
Easy to use format nicely layer out not sure I want to damage the book taking the prompt cards out but like the idea