Customer reviews

Equations Of Being: SF Short Stories
Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 March 2017
I don't know where the hell Jhedron Luckspar comes from but man, I like his writing style. It's laced with dark humour and interesting ideas set in a not so distant future / parallel universe where things often go boom. This is a great collection of short stories that are in equal parts thrilling, vivid, swashbuckling and exciting.

Did I mention Steampunk? Yes, very!
on 11 March 2015
This book was recommended to me by a friend. My love of science fiction goes no further than some Star Trek and Twilight Zone episodes and a few attempts at reading Asimov and Clarke in my youth, yet I found myself greatly enjoying the short stories from this book. Some of the ideas are adapted from science fiction movies and TV series, and others have a philosophical bent, even a spiritual quality that is engaging and thought provoking. What I really loved is the out- of- the- box futuristic technological inventions and how they have shaped the future in this querky series of wonderful stories.

A great re- introduction to science fiction for me.
on 31 May 2016
I loved every story in this fantastic collection. Jhedron Luckspar’s imagination and storytelling is engaging, funny, unique and immediate and in each short story he takes us directly into the moment of a new story where we meet unique characters and experience wonderful new realities. From Plus the Space Ranger and his meeting with Lord Stiletto the ancient book collector who’s library is in the far future to the deadly trapeze test, I loved every one of these tales and can highly recommend the book!
on 11 August 2014
A fascinating read that grips the mind! Very interesting concepts and story's that give flight to the imagination to the far reaches of space. Pure essence of Science fiction! I highly recommend.

L