on 26 January 2012
Having read the reviews for the lesser numbered Epson printers I made the assumption that the problems with W7 and 64bit operation wifi would have been sorted. WRONG!!! Have up to now wasted three days at least trying to get this machine on wifi which is the prime reason for selecting it!
Otherwise the set up was (for USB operation) very simple. The Duplex operation is excellent. The printer is very fast and has loads of options on quality, sizes and types of paper, envelopes and so forth.
If the WIFI were sorted I would be a very happy bunny!!!Epson Stylus Office BX525WD - Multifunction ( printer / copier / scanner ) - colour - ink-jet - printing (up to): 36 ppm (mono) / 36 ppm (colour) - 150 sheets - Hi-Speed USB, 10/100 Base-TX, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n

Wifi link is now sorted and I am a very happy bunny. The initial set up was extraordinarily unfriendly, but now its sorted it works fine. The printer is now in another room where it should be. Wifi great. Duplex system great. Speed great! The set up problem lay with windows 7 x 64 firewall recognitions I think. Not Epson's problem after all.
on 3 February 2012
Very happy with this purchase. Provided you take the time to read the setup leaflet and can interpret the PC based installer (as it requires you to press buttons on the printer)it is simplicity itself to set up. Contrary to some reviews (and an implication in the setup guide) you don't need any cables other than the mains cable - everything can be done wirelessly. We have a push button connection to our wifi router so there's no need to enter a password for the printer. Once set up and connected to the wifi router all our computers found it easily. The only problem I had was that the instructions don't specifically tell you not to make the printer shareable - if you do, it turns up multiple times on each computer and you get error messages saying you've used the same ip address more than once. Once it was configured as "not shared" all was ok. The setup comes with a URL link to the epson "print remotely via email" utility which, once set up, allows you to send emails (from anywhere) to the printer and it will print the email and any attachments (provided it's got paper in it, obviously!). The setup also suggests how to obtain the Epson app (for iPhone and Android) that allows you to print directly to the printer from your smartphone using the wifi connection.

The scanner has various preset configurations but you can play with the settings if the original document needs it or you require a particular output.

So we can now print wirelessly from any PC or laptop on the network and any smartphone in the house and remotely over the internet using email.

I don't know how long it will last (it's not made as robustly as the HP it's replacing) but for now I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 2 June 2012
My old Epson packed up so I spent time researching what to replace it with. After considering several other makes I decided to go for this one because of the double sided printing and wireless connection. I was a little concerned about setting it up since some reviews suggested it could be tricky. I had absolutely no problems with it and got up & running quickly including the wireless set up without even considering the wired method. Everything works great and I'm very impressed with the quality of prints so far. I've yet to print photos on photo quality paper but I'm sure they'll be good too.
on 8 November 2012
I bought this to replace an Epson 515W. This old 515 never lasted more than 3 months till the black ink refused to operate. I thought it was a one off. I liked it as it had a 2400 x 2400 scanner. After 4 printers and the same happened to them all. When printing the print quality was fantastic, the actual printer turned out not to be.

I have now replced it with Epson Stylus BX535WD. I am into the 9th month of ownership and I am very very pleased with it. It's the first printer I have had where you put the paper in a tray in the base and the only problem I have found is remembering to put the photographic paper in upside down. I hope this printer, scanner last many years, but just in case when funds allow, I will buy another one to put away for when this one wears out. I do mostly photographic printing. I load the pictures into my computer and print from there. I have tried putting the SD card in the slot provided and tried printing from the instructions on the screen, but prefer to print from the computer.
I have enlarged and reduced pictures and documents on the scanner, as a stand-alone and the the screen instructions are fairly easy to use.
I would recommend this printer. Fairly inexpensive to buy. It's the inks that are the expense, but if you shop around, you get a better deal than the originals with no difference to the quality of the pictures, by using compatible inks.
on 13 April 2012
The printer arrived very quickly in a strong box. It was a doddle to set up onto wifi and, so far, is working perfectly. Haven't used all the functions yet but it seems pretty intuitive. Email printing is brilliant for our phones too. This is replacing an older Epson Stylus RX and this is smaller and cleverer!
on 31 May 2012
I like Epson because each ink colour is separate and I can buy compatible replacements easily. I rarely get problems with compatible replacements. This printer is wireless but I have not yet used that way yet as it is next to my computer so I use a cable. I like the way it does print out duplex I simply have to select it in the Epson Print Panel. They are a lot more ways to print out in the Epson Print out Panel than my last printer had. I particulary like the 'quick greyscale' print out. It is very readable and only uses black ink. What surprised me was the way it prints out PDF's, it prints out the last page first so I am not having to re-arrange pages like I did with my last printer after printing out. My last Printer printed the first page first so the last page was on top.

At this moment I am not so sure it prints out as good as my last Epson printer but there are so many good things about this printer I have to give it 5/5.
on 25 August 2014
This is my second Epson stylus office BX535WD, I was pleased with the first, so repurchased another one. I do a lot of photo printing and scanning, so this product suits my needs. The first one only stopped being used because the ink pads are full and I didn't see spending £30 odd for a new piece of foam, so I bought the second one and when I get a minute, will clean the ink pad myself and purchase a cd to reprogramme the old one. The only critism I have (apart from the price of new ink pads, rediculous price) is the photo paper i'm using has to be manually fed as is seems to slippy for the printer to do on feed it on it's own, which is annoying, but not the end of the world. So overall I have been happy with these printers, but I beleive are now discontinued which is a shame.
on 12 January 2016
Been very happy with this scanner/printer. Robust, fairly fast, pretty easy to connect (unlike my last Canon, which had WiFi problems), has stood up to everything a family of four (one a law student, one a teacher) can throw at it.

Still going strong (August 2016)!
on 9 September 2013
bought this printer to replace an elderly HP model and find that it does everything I have asked of it so far, Printing Documents scanning and copying. I am not a technical user so can' say much more than has already been said.
on 23 July 2013
It is quieter than the Canon model it replaced and printing draft is is fast, but printing to a higher quality is incredibly slow. When printing colour In draft the colours are washed out. I often have to print 100 plus pages at a time so have to use draft and the finished documents are barely satisfactory. Neither does it indicate how many pages of a prticular print run have been printed.