TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 27 May 2012
OK, genuine Epson cartridges do tend to look expensive when compared to third party compatibles; however I take a different view for two reasons:

- when used with genuine Epson paper the results, especially with these wax based inks for full colour photos can only be described as being superb (I have used compatibles before and found the colours to be less than brilliant)

- I have had to replace my printer several times due to clogged heads (a replacement printer is cheaper than a repair) and every single time it has been with compatible cartridges in place.

Some people complain about the price of genuine cartridges and say that the printer manufacturers are "ripping us off"; but surely everyone must know by now that the price of cartridges subsidises cheaper printers in the first place.

Based on that, I still recommend only the genuine cartridges.

(For info, I neither work for Epson, nor any company that has any commercial interest in Epson)
on 23 May 2011
My old Epson S22 printer only cost £32.99 from Amazon and I now know why. Epson dont put any ink in their cartridges T1281-T1284, The black has only got 5.9mls and the three colours are even worse value with only 3.5mls per colour which is written in really small writing at the bottom of the outter packaging. The printer is good value if you only printer off a few pages per week but if you are like me and need to printer off lots of college course work its a very expensive way to print no wonder you only got 50 pages.
What I do now is get British premium compatble cartridges from a company call advantage-online who stock all the original Epsons but also do a extra high yield 13ml cartridge. A full set with a free black is only just over twenty pounds and they last three times longer than the originals I was using before....
2 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2016
This is a T1281 cartridge and fits my Epson SX445W perfectly. But...when I came to change it, I removed a T1291 cartridge, which was not the original and under the scanner is a notice telling you which replacements are 'medium' and which are 'large'. You guessed it, these are the mediums. Look for the packages with an 'Apple' on them. And expect to pay around 50% more for the 'large' one.
on 1 April 2017
The best.......NEVER use looky likey inks it's never worth it.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 October 2012
I have tried using Epson compatible inks as they are so much cheaper than originals. Well there's the clue - cheaper does not mean better. I wanted to print a design onto a t-shirt but the results with compatibles was poor and started to come away when washed. I went back to using originals and hey presto no problems. You can see the difference with printed photos too. So I've given up on compatibles - originals for me -they're the best option! Go on easy online purchasing and delivered to the door -easy peasy.
on 7 October 2017
I don't love it,its just ink! However really prompt delivery.nothing to fault,well packaged.Thankyou.
on 18 May 2017
Ideal, don;t bother buying anything other than this, if they are pattern ones they don't work.
on 1 May 2018
Excellent Product.If you Have an Epsom Printer,Buy This Ink.The Clarity on Photographs is Brilliant. I Would Highly Recommend.Delivery By Amazon to Ireland is Extremely Fast.
on 1 July 2017
Original packaging so item looks like it is the real McCoy. Printer now working again and so far test print good. So hopefully product good as expected
on 8 December 2016
Product not quite as expected, the cartridges were not in the original packaging with the picture of the fox.
Cartridges looked OK and were Epson cartridges but the lack of packaging puts a doubt in my mind as to whether these are original cartridges.