on 1 January 2011
Bentham did not supply the product pictured, but two plain vacuum packs containing 3 ink tanks each. I was expecting six individually vacuum wrapped inks in a factory sealed box stating the quantity of ink in ml, and bearing the Epson anti-counterfeit Colour Shifting Label. Having learned the hard way that non-genuine inks are a false economy, I was suspicious about these.

Even assuming they are genuine Epson cartridges, the ones Bentham supplied were undated, with contents of unknown quantity and - crucially - impossible to keep fresh once a pack has been opened.

Returned at my expense. This experience has dented my trust in Amazon, who should insist that 3rd party supplied goods are exactly as described on their website.
11 Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 August 2016
Always reliable!

Super quick delivery - I ordered Saturday afternoon and it was delivered Sunday - what service, thanks Amazon (Prime!)

Although Genuine Inks are definitely expensive, we have not, and do not, get any problems with these, no clogs, no blockages, they just work. The printer is on all the time and prints a couple of times a week. The colours are consistent and what they should be. To me that's worth the extra cost in saved time, there is just no messing about with trying to get the colours right or running endless cleaning cycles because of clogged nozzles.

Have bought many many times!
on 24 May 2016
While this is an epson product i received a set marked for use in china . It turned out the groves on the back allowing it to slot in are different . I had to line it up with my original and luckily to get it to fit i only had to cut of one of the groves to get it fit in , working okay but not something you really should expect to have to do . More down to the seller than the product .
on 1 February 2015
Not quite frustration free packaging. The inks were individually sealed, but stuck to a cardboard base with very strong glue, that I got the impression that either the sealing or the cartridge itself could be damaged when prising it off the base, it takes some force to remove them. Having removed the ink packages, one is then left with each pack having horrible sticky glue on one side of each pack, not good for handling. I have seen similar packaging where a rubbery substance more like blue tack (but stickier and easily removable) is used.
There is also no use by date on each pack. The pack label says "Made in China". What the hell was wrong with the original Epson packaging?
Amazon can do better.
on 29 September 2017
There is no comparison between these original Epson inks and compatibles......except the price.
However in terms of quality and reliability I would always choose the original Epson products, not least because once you use compatible ink on a half decent printer, the heads are shot and the print quality is lost. These were a decent price to be fair, previously I have seen these advertised for over £70 for the 6 ink pack.
on 22 December 2012
Supplier when I bought was Amazon S.a.r.l with no other details so I wasnt sure exactly who was sending them. But these are the genuine Epson cartridges supplied in the Hummingbird packaging and individually shrink wrapped. I was quite worried after reading the other reviews. I did not want to receive the ones packed in threes that might not be completely full, so was very wary as the price was very good even compared to WHSmith with a 20% discount on cartridges. I have always found amazon to be excellent so I took the risk and ordered these cartridges priced at about £43 when I bought. I would like to confirm that yes they are genuine Epson, yes they are individually sealed within the box and yes they are the same that you would buy from high street retailers.
on 14 October 2010
There are some suppliers who purport to fulfil an order for this item by supplying just the ink cartridges vacuum-packed together. This mimics how Epson supply starter cartridges with a new printer, but is suspiciously at odds with how they sell their replacement cartridges.

Epson use secure outer packaging which is very hard to counterfeit - they use unusual materials and labels printed by specialist techniques. The cartridges themselves are relatively easy to counterfeit, using the same materials as honest 3rd-party non-genuine cartridges, but applying fake Epson labels. Therefore, whilst shrink-wrapped cartridges may be genuine, it's very difficult to be certain that they are. The huge price difference between after-market and original cartridges certainly provides plentiful motivation to present non-OEM items as OEM.

I'm not speaking up against third-party cartridges. Nor do I think the prices charged by Epson for their inks are reasonable. However, I do recommend rejecting any cartridges supplied as Epson original but without official packaging: you are paying a premium price and you deserve substantive proof that you have been sent what you paid for.
on 15 February 2014
I do a lot of printing, and also print on CD's and DVD's. I have an Epson Stylus R285 printer that takes Claria inks and have been using original Epson inks since I purchased the printer. I have encountered problems with compatible inks before, so despite the higher price I always use these. I usually purchase an extra black cartidge, because it gets used up quicker.

Nozzle cleaning dumps your expensive ink into a piece of plastc foam in a small reservoir somewhere in the bowels of the printer, (obviously good for business). My last printer failed on CD printing when the reservoir overflowed, where I think the excess ink contaminated some optical sensors for CD tray alignment. Since I got this printer, I leave it switched on all the time, so that it never carries out the wasteful "switch-on" ink-dumping cycle.
on 11 December 2014
Genuine Epson ink in original packaging with hologram. I always buy this ink from Amazon direct rather than a marketplace seller, purely because others seem to have had mixed experiences, and being unsure that what they have purchased is genuine. I feel That it is unlikely that Amazon themselves would sell fake goods, but in the case of a mistake or misunderstanding, I would have more redress. Worth the extra couple of quid for peace of mind with things like this.

Genuine Epson inks I cannot fault. I mainly print photos, and the combination of this ink, the PX730 printer, good quality gloss or matte photo paper and my D7100 give superb results. The colours are bright and vibrant, and, unlike the cheaper refills, do not fade badly over a relatively short period of time.

Although in the scheme of things, the ink is relatively expensive, as with all things, you get what you pay for. Slightly better value for money would have earned the fifth star.
on 6 July 2013
Having tried various compatibles (including some fairly expensive ones) in my Epson P50, and with previous printers, my advice would be 'don't bother'.
Regardless of all the claims about how good they are and being a cheap version of the manufacturer's original.....rubbish.
As with most things, there is a reason why they are cheap.
The ink used in most compatibles invariably clogs the heads up, especially if you don't use the printer for 2 or 3 days.
Then you finish up running cleaning cycles which waste a lot of ink and, before you know it, the cartridges are empty and need replacing one by one. A right royal pain.
It's a false economy.
You can get a lot more cartridges for your money with compatibles but you need a lot more.
As anyone with a printer will know, manufacturer's originals are disgustingly expensive but, when you consider the waste with compatibles, there really isn't that much difference in price. On the other hand, if you enjoy running endless cleaning cycles and continually changing cartridges, fine. Use compatibles. Personally, I would rather get on with some printing.