- Also check our best rated Projector reviews
Epson EB-S02H Projector (3000:1, 2600 lumens, 800 x 600 SVGA)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact and lightweight with a modern design
- Project directly from a USB stick with the PC-free function
- Instant-off function means no cool-down time is required
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Optoma DS348 SVGA DLP HDMI 3000 Lumens Full 3D Projector - Black
Epson EB-X27 XGA Projector (1024 x 768)
HD Projector Smart WIFI LED Projector - Bluetooth, HD 720, Full HD 1080p HDMI Projector for Home Cinema, Gaming, Home Entertainment, Multimedia, Home Theatre Projector, Pubs, Clubs, Hotels, Office, Conference, PowerPoint Presentation- ABIS HD6000 Plus Model (White)
Philips Pico PPX4010 Portable Pocket Projector - Black/Silver
BenQ MS506 DLP Projector (3200 ANSI lumens, 800 x 600, 4:3)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.co.uk||Express Office Solutions||ABIS Outlets||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Display Resolution Max||800_x_600||800_x_600||1024_x_768||4K Ultra HD||854_x_480||800_x_600|
|Image Brightness||2,600||3,000||2700 ANSI lumens||2,800 lumen||100||3,200|
|Image Contrast Ratio||3000:1||20000:1||10000:1||1500:1||1500:1||13000:1|
|Item Dimensions||—||23 x 29.8 x 9.65 cm||24.4 x 29.7 x 8.7 cm||11.8 x 26.3 x 33.6 cm||6.6 x 6.8 x 2.2 cm||22.2 x 28.3 x 9.5 cm|
|Item Weight||2.3 kg||2.2 kg||2.6 kg||4 kg||82 grams||1.8 kg|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Affordable, easy-to-use, SVGA projector
Perfect for first-time users, this entry-level projector is straightforward to set up, allowing you to get started quickly and easily. With Epson’s 3-in-1 USB display feature, one cable is all you need for picture, sound and page up/down control, while the HDMI connection offers sharp, clear pictures.
The Epson EB-S02H is compact and lightweight with a modern design. Epson's 3LCD projector engine delivers the natural, accurate colour that's important for films and images at home. With equally high White and Colour Light Output of 2,600 lumens, 16.77 million full colour reproduction, and 3000:1 contrast ratio, you can achieve a vivid, sharp image.
HDMI input means that you can connect a number of high definition devices for sharp, clear images. Using the PC-free function, you can present still photos directly from a USB stick without powering up separate devices.
There's no need to use this SVGA projector in the dark as it combines a White and Colour Light Output of 2,600 lumens, 16.77 million full colour reproduction, 3LCD technology and a 3,000:1 contrast ratio. This results in high quality projections with excellent sharpness and brightness, producing detailed, natural looking images.
Produce Large Screen Sizes
With a short throw distance, this projector can produce large screen sizes from a short distance, with a 68-inch screen size from a distance of just 2m. A built-in 2W speaker ensures audio is delivered with clarity. Aligning the picture is particularly quick and easy with automatic vertical keystone correction.
Power on/off feature
The direct power on/off feature enables the projector to be deactivated without pressing the power button. When using as a portable projector, the instant-off function means no cool-down time is required, allowing you to pack up and go without delay.
USB Display Function 3 in 1: Image / Mouse / Sound. Interfaces: S-Video in, Component in, VGA in, USB 2.0 Type B, USB 2.0 Type A, HDMI in, Cinch audio in, Composite in.
- 2,600 lumens White and Colour Light Output.
- Enjoy high-definition content
- Automatic vertical keystone correction
- 3,000:1 contrast ratio
Perfect picture – even with the lights on
Whether you want to watch films in the daytime, or present with the lights on so your audience can take notes, the EB–S02 is bright enough to handle it. With a White and Colour Light Output of 2,600 lumens and a high contrast ratio of 3,000:1, you'll enjoy perfect picture quality, natural–looking colours and excellent brightness.
Low running costs
You can use the EB–S02 for 5,000 hours in eco mode before you have to think about replacing the lamp. Saving you even more money, Epson's unique E–TORL lamp produces more light while using less energy than most other lamps.
Digital Projector Colour Light Output (CLO)
Epson had a bright idea -- measure the the colour light output (CLO) instead of just the white. High CLO means colours are up to 3 times brighter than 1-chip DLP projectors, meaning you don’t need to worry about your presentation displaying dark, dull images -- with an Epson projector you’ll get maximum impact.
Colour is an important part of image quality, which is why a projector’s colour brightness, given in lumens, is important to know. If it’s not as high as the white brightness, images are duller and colours may appear washed out. Measure the brightness of the red, green and blue light and the resulting value is your Colour Brightness or Colour Light Output (CLO).
Digital projectors produce colour in different ways, resulting in big differences in colour brightness. Many manufacturers only quote the brightness in lumens of their projectors’ white light. This just shows how bright a projector is when showing a plain white image; it doesn’t give the full picture.
Why choose a 3LCD projector?
As the number one projector manufacturer in Europe1, Epson leads the market in the development of projector technology. Epson projectors use a 3LCD projection engine to deliver bright, clear images that are rich in detail and colour.
Many other projectors use 1-chip DLP2 projector systems, which create thousands of pulses of coloured light per second. They do this by shining lamp light through red, green, blue and white3 parts of a rotating colour wheel. These light pulses are then reflected by a DMD4 device, which is on a hinge and has a tiny mirror for each pixel of the image.
The series of rapid colour bursts is then projected onto the screen. The viewer's brain can't pick out the individual flickers - it mixes the basic colours that appear in succession in each pixel to come up with the final colour the viewer sees.
Epson’s 3LCD system works differently, using a combination of dichroic mirrors to separate the white light from the projector lamp into red, green and blue light. Each of the three light colours is then passed through its own LCD panel and recombined using a prism before being projected onto the screen.
With 1-chip DLP technology, colour break-up or the ‘rainbow effect’ can sometimes be seen. This occurs when the eye perceives the individual colours, and is a result of the colours being projected sequentially by the colour wheel. Epson’s 3LCD technology avoids this by including all three basic colours in each pixel of the projection, delivering superior Colour Light Output that’s easier on the eyes.
Why choose E-TORL lamp technology?
Epson E-TORL lamps deliver exceptional brightness while using less energy. They do this by using a unique configuration of reflectors to capture light that can be lost with other models’ lamps. This improved efficiency means that Epson E-TORL lamps are good for both budgets and the environment
1. Source: Futuresource Consulting Limited
2. DLP (Digital Light Processing) is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
3. Some 1-chip DLP projectors do not contain white but contain other colours
4. DMD (Digital Micromirror Device) is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Epson Projector Comparison Table
|Resolution||SVGA, 800 x 600, 4:3||SVGA, 800 x 600, 4:3|
|Brightness||2,600 lumens Colour Light Output||2,600 lumens Colour Light Output|
|Projection Ratio||1.45 - 1.96:1||1.45 - 1.96:1|
|Image Size||30 inches - 350 inches||30 inches - 350 inches|
|Lamp||200W E-TORL||200W E-TORL|
|Lamp life||4,000 hours (normal), 5,000 hours (eco mode)||4,000 hours (normal), 5,000 hours (eco mode)|
|Zoom||Digital x1.35||Digital x1.35|
|Keystone Correction||Auto vertical ±30°||Auto vertical ±30°|
|Energy Use||270W (normal), 223W (eco), 0.47W (standby)||270W (normal), 223W (eco), 0.47W (standby)|
|Inputs||VGA, Composite Video, S-Video, USB B, RCA audio pair||HDMI, VGA, Composite Video, S-Video, USB A, USB B, RCA audio pair|
|Carry Case Included||No||Yes|
Remote Control with Batteries
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
OK, let's get some of the negative points out of the way first:
- No USB cable included to connect to PC. Not a major thing (as I already had a spare cable available), but an inconvenience if you have to go out & buy one - they're not expensive, so why not include one...particularly as there was a VGA cable included!
- Comes with a carry case/bag - but I would recommend spending a little more money & purchasing something a bit more substantial; the one included is somewhat "papery" in its construction & doesn't afford much protection from the inevitable bump or two as it's transported around;
- It's not the quietest of projectors, but a switch to "Eco mode", via the projector's menu, reduces the fan noise significantly with little loss of projection brightness.
So, the positives:
- light & easy to carry;
- good array of connections, including HDMI (on a projector costing under £300);
- excellent range of menu options to customise your projection experience (including a variety of pre-set modes including "presentation" & "movie" (I can't remember the others off-hand!);
- very good picture quality, with sharp text (I was only using a short throw to test it out, but no reason to believe that it shouldn't produce the same results on a larger screen);
- decent brightness, even in sunlit room & Eco mode. If you don't mind a bit of fan noise then "normal" mode does give an extra brightness boost;
- comes with a VGA cable & carry bag;
- when used with (unsupplied) USB cable you can have full control over projector & (windows) PC functions from projector remote control (haven't tried it from a Mac yet);
- almost instantaneous shut-down - no need to wait for bulb to cool down, but.....the unit still gets warm in operation so will need time to cool down before packing away - case construction is plastic & gets quite warm even after a short time of operation.
I think it will work well in both small & large environments e.g. meeting rooms / conference rooms/halls - but Eco mode is a definite in more confined spaces where noise needs to be contained. In a larger environment, perhaps where noise isn't so much of an issue, then normal mode will give a first class picture, even in lit environments.
Overall, this is an excellent value projector considering what you get for your money. Yes, there's the odd niggle (see above) but taking everything into account, first impressions suggest that this is a decent bit of kit for an eminently sensible price.
(4 stars might have seemed churlish, but it got 5 as the Amazon Prime service got it here next day!)
That said - at the price it is an excellent projector for the money.
Most recent customer reviews