Epidemiology for the Uninitiated 5e Paperback – 2 May 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This highly successful guide, now in its firth edition with sales in excess of 26,000, is essential reading for all those requiring a basic understanding of epidemiology–the study of how often and why diseases occur in different groups of people. Assuming no prior knowledge of the subject, it guides the novice through both the theory and practical pitfalls with the aid of familiar examples. Subjects covered include: What is Epidemiology? Quantifiying Disease in Populations Comparing Disease Rates Measurement Error and Bias Planning and Conducting a Survey Ecological Studies Longitudinal Studies Case–control and Cross Sectional Studies Experimental Studies Screening Outbreaks of Disease Reading Epidemiolgical Reports This concise and readable book, now revised and updated, is an invaluable tool for all health care professionals and medical students whether they are getting to grips with epidemiology for the first time or as a practical revision aid for those needing to refresh or update their knowledge.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Dermatology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Epidemiology & Medical Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Dermatology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Research & Equipment
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z