Environmental Technology in the Oil Industry Paperback – 28 Dec 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the reviews of the second edition:
"The book is simply fantastic. It is easy to read and understand with relevant cases and good layout. This book includes everything we needed. It covers a wide range of realistic situations. … it contains relevant information that you can’t find in a lot of books supposedly covering environmental aspects. Written primarily for those working in the oil and related industries, this book also provides essential reference material for government and research institutions and all those with an interest in environmental technological issues." (Current Engineering Practice, 2008)
From the Back Cover
This significantly updated edition looks at each stage in the life cycle of petroleum products, from exploration to end use, examining the environmental pressures on the Oil Industry and its response.
The Oil Industry produces a range of products without which modern civilization could not exist. Nevertheless, in today’s environmentally conscious world, society demands that the industry manufactures and markets the products without unduly polluting the environment. Its ability and willingness to comply determines whether society will allow it a licence to operate.
Technical developments are progressing in line with environmental concerns and increasing sophistication of computer modelling techniques. These subjects are inter-related, but have often been dealt with independently. This book will explore these topics together in a way that will be understandable to the non-expert, and those who are expert in one field, but wish to see their expertise discussed in the overall context.
Written primarily for those working in the Oil and related industries, this book also provides essential reference material for government and research institutions and all those with an interest in environmental technological issues.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology > Fossil Fuels
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Petroleum, Mining & Geological > Petroleum
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies