- Paperback: 666 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell (10 Jan. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 063203517X
- ISBN-13: 978-0632035175
- Product Dimensions: 21.8 x 3 x 27.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 78,902 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Environmental Physiology of Animals Paperback – 10 Jan 2000
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...this second edition confirms its status as the first place I would go for guidance in unfamiliar physiological territory. Its level is perfect for undergraduates...this is a terrific text, and one that I recommend unreservedly." Andrew Clarke, British Antarctic Survey, Trends in Ecology and Evolution, August 2004 <!––end––> --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
This new text provides a fresh approach to the subject of physiology, integrating comparative and environmental aspects to produce what should be a very welcome break from the traditional textbooks. The first part of the book will consider the basic aspects of comparative physiology – the concepts and mechanisms that all students will have to understand before studying the environmental physiology. The major part of the book will consider how organisms, both vertebrate and invertebrate, cope with various environments – marine, freshwater, desert, high altitude and so on. Throughout this section relevant comparative aspects will be given prominence in boxes – e.g. vision underwater, so that various interesting topics can be explored in greater depth.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As a previous reviewer pointed out this is quite a detailed textbook with some complex language which may not suit everyone. If you want something that's short and easy to read this probably isn't the book for you but, if you want to really understand the subject then this book is what you need!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology > Animal Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics