- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Enid Blyton's The Famous Five - Five On Treasure Island [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
ENID BLYTON THE FAMOUS FIVE
FIVE ON A TREASURE ISLAND
A film by Gerald Landan
The holidays have finally arrived and Julian, Dick and Ann are looking forward to spending a long hot summer with their feisty tomboy cousin Georgina - or George - as she prefers to be known. But picnics and bike rides are put on hold when George and her new pal Timmy the dog share the secret of a mysterious shipwreck with the others. An exciting discovery is in store for the intrepid Five but they are not alone!
Adapted from the first of Enid Blyton's perennially popular Famous Five stories, this ripping adventure tale in eight thrilling instalments is great fun for all the family. Enid Blyton herself was on hand to cast the film which follows the Five as they investigate the secret of the wreck. Chock-full of cliffhangers and mystery, the popular Children's Film Foundation serial remains close to the spirit of the book. With enthusiastic performances from some well-cast young actors, these are delightful films which every fan of the Famous Five will want to treasure.
- New High Definition transfer
- Fully illustrated booklet with newly commissioned essay by Enid Blyton expert Norman Wright, character biographies and more
- Dolby Digital mono audio (320kbps)
UK | 1957 | black and white | English language, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles | 121 minutes | Dolby Digital mono audio (320kbps) | DVD9 | Original aspect ratio 1.33:1 | Region 0 PAL DVD
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
The acting is hammy by todays standards but this added to the charm, I vividly remember the Childrens Film Foundation weekly serials at my local "Saturday Morning Pictures" and read the Famous 5 books as a child and for a short while the years seemed to roll back.
Great family fun and a slice of nostalgia for little more than a fiver.
This film thankfully was filmed before the little PC crussaders got involved in re writing classic books. It sticks mostly to the story and yes, it is very middle class, very 1940s/50s but then.....so was Enis Blyton. Its not rocket science. If you want julian to be wearing a hoodie and effing and blinding everywhere then this isnt the film for you. We both thoroughly enjoyed the film and both watched it for what it is. Maybe i will even try another Enid B story on DVD!
Most recent customer reviews
Very clear picture and sound.