- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
English Romantic Writers and the West Country Hardcover – 1 Jul 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'This diverse and absorbing book explores some of the ways in which many of the Romantic writers, both major and minor, found a local inspiration in the West Country. Nicholas Roe's well-judged collection relates for the first time a brilliant chapter in English literary history, and vividly evokes some of its most memorable personalities.' - Seamus Perry, Balliol College, Oxford, UK
'This is a diverse, fascinating and entertaining collection...Anyone seriously interested in early literary Romanticism, the West Country's appeal to the literary imagination or in the distinctive regional varieties of literary Romanticism will want to read it.' -Coleridge Bulletin
This new collection of essays draws together Romantic writers associated with England's West Country in a challenging contribution to current thinking about British Romantic literatureSee all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Novelists, Poets & Playwrights
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > England
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Poetry