English Medieval Industries: Craftsmen, Techniques, Products Hardcover – 1 Jul 1991
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"All the writers give fascinating accounts of the processes involved in the practice of their chosen craft." --Nancy Wilson "excellent as either a general study or work of reference"' --P. D. A. Harvey
About the Author
John Blair is a fellow of the Queen's College, Oxford, and author of Anglo-Saxon Oxfordshire.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Each chapter covers a different craft or industry; they are written by different authors, each one knowledgable in their own area. Scholarly yet easy to read, it's the sort of book that I dip into when a question crops up and so far I've always found the answer - plus more information. The book is packed with fascinating facts as well as giving a solid background into the Medieval history of certain industries.
A good book for wide-ranging research into the nitty - and sometimes literally gritty - side of life in medieval England.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
medieval crafts and this book contains them all. Though not an actual craft book,
it does contain the historical information of these industries. Each chapter is done
by a different author, an expert in each field and containing many photos and diagrams
of extant objects. I'd been looking for such a book for some time and I can heartily
recommend this book for those interested medieval crafts
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies