- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
England (Horrible Histories Special) Paperback – 4 May 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
From the cruel Celts right up to the terrible 20th century it is a tale that will make you quake.
Want to know:
* which monk tried to pinch the devil's nose with a pair of tongs?
* why some people in the Middle Ages ate dove droppings?
* which English king was accused of being a werewolf?
Whether it is plague, fir and civil war, or roast beef, fish and chips and a cup of tea, if it's got anything to do with the English, it's in this book. Mull over the miseries of Middle Ages monarchs, discover ten ways to be killed down a Victorian mine, and find out which dreadful days in history to celebrate with a day off school.
History has never been so horrible!'
Standing at c 8.5" high, this is larger than the regular 'Horrible History' series of books titles.
Colourful paperback covers open to 192 matt pages split over chapters:
1. Barmy Britons
2. Island invaders
3. Miserable Middle Ages
4. Creepy country
5. Batty beliefs and curious customs
6. The revolting English
7. Terrible Tudors and slimy Stuarts
8. Cruel criminals
9. Gorgeous Georgians and vile Victorians
10. Woe for workers
11. Kruel for kids
12. Terrible 20th Century
13. What's English?
14. Awful for animals
sandwiched between an introduction and an epilogue.
Various fonts, with black and white illustrations & cartoons throughout.
'History is horrible but it is MORE horrible in some places than others. Some places have all the luck....the BAD luck. And England is one of them..............
AND the poor English have had to suffer the rain as well!.....
And here's another funny thing. Saint George wasn't even English. So why did the English pick him for their saint?'
An absolutely 5 star read
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
One have to remember that they are written for 10-15 year old-ish.Read more