- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Alastair Sawday's; 1 edition (1 Nov. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1906136440
- ISBN-13: 978-1906136444
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 2 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 516,497 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Go Slow England & Wales (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay) Paperback – 1 Nov 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for Go Slow England: Discover rural idylls, country retreats and slow, slow living as you lie back, stretch out and enjoy the view. (The Guardian)
About the Author
Alastair has built a team of talented editors who are as committed as he is to the search for authenticity and personality in places to stay. They are also 'driving' the world's first carbon 'neutral' publishing company; the search for a reduced ecological footprint is a serious one. The company has won The Queen's Award for Enterprise in the Sustainable Development category, an award from Business Commitment to the Environment and a Green Apple Award and moved to its own eco-offices in January 2006.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Well - we've had it now for a couple of weeks and my wife is so taken by it that I haven't had a chance yet. She says that the book is ideal reading - both informative and relaxing and I am aware that she has recommended it to friends. (Possibly because she feels that if she lends it to them she won't see it back when sshe would like it herself !)
On that basis, I am looking forward to having a better look at it but on the strength of her reaction - this is obviously another welcome variation of direction for Sawday !