Engineering Mathematics: A Foundation for Electronic, Electrical, Communications and Systems Engineers Paperback – 2 Aug 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Engineering Mathematics is the leading undergraduate textbook for courses in electrical and electronic engineering, systems and communications engineering. It is aimed primarily at Years 1 and 2.
Key features of the book:
· Integrates engineering and mathematics through an applications-focused treatment
· Carefully develops, in a single comprehensive volume, the foundation and advanced mathematical techniques most appropriate to students of electrical, electronic, systems and communications engineering, including: algebra, trigonometry and calculus, as well as set theory, sequences and series, Boolean algebra, logic and difference equations
· The relevance of mathematics is illustrated through a diverse range of examples, providing motivation for students of all abilities
· Clear, comprehensive explanations written in an accessible and user-friendly style
· Includes a thorough treatment of integral transform methods essential for the modern, professional engineer, particularly the Laplace, z and Fourier transforms
· All topics are illustrated with a substantial number of fully worked examples and exercises with solutions, enabling students to practise, develop and test their knowledge.
The fourth edition has been revised to include:
· new sections on the applications of number bases, summation notation, the sinc x function, waves, polar curves and the discrete cosine transform
· a new Engineering Application feature, showcasing an extensive range of applied examples, including music technology, sustainable engineering and digital image processing.
Anthony Croft is Professor of Mathematics Education at Loughborough University.
Robert Davison was formerly Head of Quality at the Faculty of Technology, De Montfort University.
Martin Hargreaves is Principal Lecturer in the Faculty of Technology at De Montfort University
James Flint is Senior Lecturer in Wireless Systems Engineering at Loughborough University.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Anyone studying at this level, I would even say at high level GCSE this book works, I am studying a HND in instrumentation & control which is quite heay in the math department, but I find this book helps me a lot.
This boot I find explains at a basic level right up to the answers to a equation which makes you feel that you knew how to do all of the time but needed a little push ( my opinion) so I have to recommend this book.
Advance student (the clever ones) my find some of the explanations frustrating but could always miss certain chapters or use it as a refresher.
But anyway if you want to get into maths & need to understand the bigger stuff for engineering math well this is the book, on my list of favourite books.
Big thank you to the Authors you have broken down these mysterious art!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent textbook well worth buying to aid in courses in engineering.Published 7 months ago by N. Bennie
It's a good and interesting book for establishing a worthy base and as reference even after graduation.Published 15 months ago by HASAN
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering